Traditional long vector-based MUSIC methods require 4D spectral search, which suffers from heavy computational complexity. This paper develops a joint DOA and polarization estimation method named as dimensionality reduction MUSIC (DR-MUSIC) method for a passive radar direction finding (PRDRF) system using spatially separated single-component circular electromagnetic vector sensor array (SSSC-EVSA), where 4D spectral search is transformed into 2D spectral search by exploiting rank deficiency of the signal component of cost function. Polarization parameters are estimated via the generalized eigenvector of matrix pencil, which can be utilized for the recognition of radar and decoy. In addition, the estimation performance of the proposed DR-MUSIC method is also studied considering the phase inconsistency among multi-channels. Simulation results demonstrate the effectiveness of the DR-MUSIC method.
2. Wu, X., W. P. Zhu, and J. Yan, "A high-resolution DOA estimation method with a family of nonconvex penalties," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 67, No. 6, 4925-4938, 2018.
3. Dong, W., M. Diao, and L. Gao, "The direction-of-arrival and polarization estimation using coprime array: A reconstructed covariance matrix approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 84, 23-33, 2018.
4. Zhao, P., et al., "DOA estimation for a mixture of uncorrelated and coherent sources based on hierarchical sparse bayesian inference with a Gauss-Exp-Chi 2 prior," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2018, No. 6, 1-12, 2018.
5. Si, W., P. Zhao, and Z. Qu, "Two-dimensional DOA and polarization estimation for a mixture of uncorrelated and coherent sources with sparsely-distributed vector sensor array," Sensors, Vol. 16, No. 6, 789, 2016.
6. Schmidt, R., "Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 34, No. 3, 276-280, 1986.
7. Roy, R. and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT-estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 37, No. 7, 984-995, 1989.
8. Wong, K. T. and M. D. Zoltowski, "Closed-form direction finding and polarization estimation with arbitrarily spaced electromagnetic vector-sensors at unknown locations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 5, 671-681, 2000.
9. Wong, K. T., L. Li, and M. D. Zoltowski, "Root-MUSIC-based direction-finding and polarization estimation using diversely polarized possibly collocated antennas," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, No. 1, 129-132, 2004.
10. Wong, K. T. and M. D. Zoltowski, "Self-initiating MUSIC-based direction finding and polarization estimation in spatio-polarizational beamspace," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 8, 1235-1245, 2000.
11. Zheng, G., "A novel spatially spread electromagnetic vector sensor for high-accuracy 2-D DOA estimation," Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 28, No. 1, 23-48, 2017.
12. Li, B., W. Bai, and G. Zheng, "Successive ESPRIT algorithm for joint DOA-range-polarization estimation with polarization sensitive FDA-MIMO radar," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 36376-36382, 2018.
13. Villano, M., F. Colone, and P. Lombardo, "Antenna array for passive radar: Configuration design and adaptive approaches to disturbance cancellation," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2013, No. 3, 1380-1383, Oct. 27, 2013.
14. Guo, W., et al., "Joint DOA and polarization estimation using MUSIC method in polarimetric MIMO radar," IET International Conference on Radar Systems, 1-4, 2012.
15. Miron, S., N. Le Bihan, and J. I. Mars, "Vector-sensor MUSIC for polarized seismic sources localization," EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, 74-84, 2005.
16. Liu, S., L. Yang, and S. Yang, "Robust joint calibration of mutual coupling and channel gain/phase inconsistency for uniform circular array," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1191-1195, 2016.
17. Yuan, X., "Estimating the DOA and the polarization of a polynomial-phase signal using a single polarized vector-sensor," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 60, No. 3, 1270-1282, 2012.