The suppression of crosstalk by combining the defected microstrip structure (DMS) with step-shaped transmission lines is proposed to address the problem of crosstalk between microstrip lines of the printed circuit board. This method suppresses the crosstalk between the microstrip lines by constructing two step-shaped coupled microstrip lines and etching the designed G-shaped DMS on one of the microstrip lines. Simulation and actual measurement results show that the combination of G-shaped DMS and step-shaped transmission line can effectively suppress crosstalk and reduce the far-end crosstalk by approximately 20 dB in the frequency range of 4-5 GHz. The actual measurement results in the vector network analyzer coincide with the high-frequency structure simulator simulation results.
2. Mbairi, F. D., W. P. Siebert, and H. Hesselbom, "High-frequency transmission lines crosstalk reduction using spacing rules," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 31, No. 3, 601-610, 2008.
3. Queshi, H. N., I. Ullah, S. Khan, J. Ur Rehman Kazim, and S. Khattak, "Strong coupling (crosstalk) between printed microstrip transmission lands on printed circuit boards," 2017 14th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 711-716, Islamabad, 2017.
4. Lee, K., H. Lee, H. Jung, J. Sim, and H. Park, "A serpentine guard trace to reduce the far-end crosstalk voltage and the crosstalk induced timing jitter of parallel microstrip lines," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 31, No. 4, 809-817, 2008.
5. Cheng, Y., W. Guo, C. Hung, R. Wu, and D. De Zutter, "Enhanced microstrip guard trace for ringing noise suppression using a dielectric superstrate," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 33, No. 4, 961-968, 2010.
6. Wang, L. B., K. Y. See, W. Y. Chang, and Z. G. Phang, "Comprehensive study of crosstalk isolation for high-speed digital board," 2008 Asia-Pacifc Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility and 19th International Zurich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 867-870, Singapore, 2008.
7. Ponchak, G. E., D. Chun, J.-G. Yook, and L. P. B. Katehi, "Experimental verification of the use of metal filled via hole fences for crosstalk control of microstrip lines in LTCC packages," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 24, No. 1, 76-80, 2001.
8. Jing, X. and R. Zhou, "Crosstalk analysis and simulation in high-speed PCB design," 2007 8th International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments, 437-440, Xian, 2007.
9. Mallahzadeh, A. R., A. Ghasemi, S. Akhlaghi, B. Rahmati, and R. Bayderkhani, "Crosstalk reduction using step shaped transmission line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 12, 139-148, 2010.
10. Liu, X., Y. Li, Y. Zhao, L. Zhao, V. Mordachev, and E. Sinkevich, "Equivalent circuit model of crosstalk reduction parallel transmission lines with defected microstrip structures," 2018 Cross Strait Quad-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference (CSQRWC), 1-2, Xuzhou, 2018.
11. Young, B., Digital Signal Integrity: Modelling and Simulation with Interconnects and Packages, 98-103, Prentice Hall PTR, 2001.
12. Zhang, L., et al., "Far-end crosstalk mitigation for microstrip lines in high-speed PCBs," 2019 Cross Strait Quad-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference (CSQRWC), 1-3, Taiyuan, China, 2019.
13. Yuan, W., S. Song, Y. Cheng, L. Xie, and Y. Zhang, "Wide stopband lowpass filter based on defected microstrip structure," 2017 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS), 366-369, Xiamen, 2017.
14. Li, Y., W. Li, and Q. Ye, "A reconfigurable triple notch band antenna integrated with defected microstrip structure band-stop filter for ultra-wide band cognitive radio applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 1-13, 2013.
15. Kim, C.-S., et al., "The equivalent circuit modeling of defected ground structure with spiral shape," 2002 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest (Cat. No.02CH37278), Vol. 3, 2125-2128, Seattle, WA, USA, 2002.
16. Jiang, T., Y. Wang, and Y. Li, "Design and analysis of a triple stop-band filter using ratioed periodical defected microstrip structure," Frequenz, Vol. 71, 341-347, 2017.