Various interference sources either intentional or unintentional can mask the synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signals and cause image degradation. With a novel data acquisition mode, a new method based on dual-channel SAR is applied to suppress the interference. Using the received dual-channel data, the two-dimensional location of the interference source can be estimated and then the interference can be removed via a Two-Channel Cancelation method. By establishing a linear model of the interference-removed signal, the SAR image is reconstructed based on compressed sensing (CS) theory. Our method requires only a minor change to the traditional SAR system hardware while obtains a higher resolution. Simulation results are shown to demonstrate the validity of the proposed method.
1. Chan, Y. K. and V. C. Koo, "An introduction to synthetic aperture radar (SAR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 27-60, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07110101
2. Liu, Q., J. Dong, X. Wang, S. Xing, and B. Pang, "An efficient SAR jammer with direct radio frequency processing (Drfp)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 293-309, 2013.
3. Wu, X., D. Dai, and X. Wang, "Study on SAR jamming measures," IET International Conference on Radar Systems, 176-179, 2007.
4. Zhou, F., R. Wu, M. Xing, and Z. Bao, "Interference suppression algorithm for SAR based on time-frequency transform," IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing , Vol. 49, 3765-3779, 2011. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2011.2164409
5. Lord, R. T. and M. R. Inggs, "Efficient RFI suppression in SAR using LMS adaptive filter integrated with range/Doppler algorithm," Electronic Letter, Vol. 35, 629-630, 1999. doi:10.1049/el:19990437
6. Soumekh, M., "SAR-ECCM using phase-perturbed LFM chirp signals and DRFM repeat jammer penalization," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 42, 191-205, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAES.2006.1603414
7. Lu, G., B. Tang, and G. Gui, "Deception ECM signals cancellation processor with joint time-frequency pulse diversity," IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 8, 1608-1613, 2011. doi:10.1587/elex.8.1608
8. Li, W., X. L. Wang, and X. M. Wang, "Anti-jamming techniques for synthetic aperture radar," Proc. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium , 605-608, 2009.
9. Feng, J., H. Zheng, Y. Deng, and D. Gao, "Application of subband spectral cancellation for SAR narrow-band interference suppression," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 9, 190-193, 2012. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2011.2163150
12. Rosenberg, L. and D. Gray, "Anti-jamming techniques for multichannel SAR imaging," IEE Proceedings: Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 153, 234-242, 2006. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20045090
13. Rosenberg, L. and D. Gray, "Constrained fast-time STAP for interference Suppression in multichannel SAR," IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 49, 1792-1805, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAES.2013.6558020
14. Dai, D. H., X. S. Wang, S. P. Xiao, and Y. Z. Li, "Discrimination and suppression of active-decoys jamming in PolSAR," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 9, 1779-1783, 2007.
16. Candes, E. J., J. Romberg, and T. Tao, "Robust uncertainty principles: Exact signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information ," IEEE Transaction on Information Theory, Vol. 52, 489-509, 2006. doi:10.1109/TIT.2005.862083
17. Tropp, J. A., "Greed is good: Algrorithm results for sparse approximation," IEEE Transaction on Information Theory, Vol. 50, 2231-2242, 2004. doi:10.1109/TIT.2004.834793
18. Chen, Z. Z., G. Gokeda, and Y. Q. Yu, "Introduction to Direction-of-arrival Estimation," Artech House, 2010.
19. Valaee, S. and P. Kabal, "Wideband array processing using a two-sided correlation transformation," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 43, 160-172, 1995. doi:10.1109/78.365295
20. Reddy, V. V., B. Ng, Y. Zhang, and A. W. Khong, "DOA estimation of wideband sources without estimating the number of sources," Signal Processing, Vol. 92, 1032-1043, 2012. doi:10.1016/j.sigpro.2011.10.015
21. Liu, C., F. Liu, and S. Zhang, "A novel direction-of-arrival estimation method for wideband signals," Signal, Image and Video Processing, Vol. 6, 141-145, 2012. doi:10.1007/s11760-010-0175-7
22. Cantrell, C., "Technical Note: Review of methods for linear least-squares fitting of data and application to atmospheric chemistry problems," Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Vol. 8, 5477-5487, 2008. doi:10.5194/acp-8-5477-2008
23. Yang, J., J. Thompson, X. Huang, T. Jin, and Z. Zhou, "Segmented reconstruction for compressed sensing SAR imaging," IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 51, 4214-4225, 2013. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2012.2227060
24. Wei, S.-J., X.-L. Zhang, J. Shi, and G. Xiang, "Sparse reconstruction for SAR imaging based on compressed sensing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 109, 63-81, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10080805
25. Vishal, M. P., R. E. Glenn, M. H. Dennis, and C. Rama, "Compressed synthetic aperture radar," IEEE Journal of Selected Topic in Signal Processing, Vol. 4, 244-254, 2010.
26. Yu, Z. and M. Liu, "Suppressing azimuth ambiguity in spaceborne SAR images based on compressed sensing," Science China: Information Sciences, Vol. 55, 1830-1837, 2012. doi:10.1007/s11432-012-4614-7