The paper presents a compact planar Ultra Wide Band filter employing folded stepped impedance resonators with series capacitors and Dumb bell shaped Defected Ground Structures. An interdigital quarter wavelength coupled line is used for achieving the band pass characteristics. The transmission zeros are produced by Stepped Impedance Resonators. The filter has steep roll off rate and good attenuation in its lower and upper stop bands, contributed by the series capacitor and DGS respectively.
2. Hao, Z. C. and J.-S. Hong, "Ultrawideband filter technologies," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 11, 56-68, 2011.
3. Weng, L. H., Y. C. Guo, X. W. Shi, and X. Q. Chen, "An overview on defected ground structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 173-189, 2008.
4. Song, K. and Q. Xue, "Inductance-loaded Y-shaped resonators and their applications to filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave. Theory Tech., Vol. 58, No. 4, 978-984, 2010.
5. Wong, W.-T., Y.-S. Lin, C.-H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, "Highly selective microstrip bandpass filters for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications," Proc. Asia-Paci¯c Microwave Conference, Vol. 5, 2850-2853, Dec. 2005.
6. Zong, W., et al., "Design and implement of compact UWB bandpass filter with a frequency notch by consisting of coupled microstrip line structure, DGS and EOS," Proc. International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications, 179-182, Oct. 2009.
7. Hao, Z.-C. and J.-S. Hong, "Highly ultra wideband bandpass filters with quasi-elliptic function response," Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 5, 1103-1108, 2011.
8. Razalli, M. S., A. Ismail, and M. A. Mahdi, "Novel compact microstrip ultra-wideband filter utilizing short-circuited stubs with less vias," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, No. 4, 91-104, 2008.
9. Chen, L.-N., Y.-C. Jiao, H.-H. Xie, and F.-S. Zhang, "A novel G-shaped slot ultra-wideband bandpass filter with narrow notched band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 20, 77-86, 2011.
10. Hsiao, P.-Y. and R.-M. Weng, "Compact tri-layer ultra-wideband band-pass filter with dual notch bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 49-60, 2010.
11. Singh, P. K., S. Basu, and Y.-H. Wang, "Planar ultra-wideband bandpass filter using edge coupled microstrip lines and stepped impedance open stub," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 9, 649-651, 2007.
12. Bindu, C. J., S. Mridula, and P. Mohanan, "Compact planar filter for ultra wide band applications," Proc. Int. Colloquiums on Computer Electronics Electrical Mechanical and Civil, 114-117, Kochi, India, Sep. 2011.
13. Bindu, C. J. and S. Mridula, "Folded SIR filter with CSRRs for ultra wide band applications," Proc. International Symposium on Electronic System Design, 182-185, Singapore, Dec. 2013.
14. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., Ch. 8, Wiley, New York, 1998.
15. Bahl, I. J., Lumped Elements for RF and Microwave Circuits, Artech House, Inc, Norwood, 2003.
16. Ali, M., A. Kachouri, and M. Samet, "Novel method for planar microstrip antenna matching impedance," Journal of Telecommunications, Vol. 2, 131-138, 2010.
17. Guo, Y. and Q. Wang, "An improved parameters extraction method for dumb bell shaped defected ground structure," Scientific Research Engineering Online Journal, Vol. 2, 197-200, 2010.