The specific features of TE-wave propagation in a structure fabricated by periodic alternating ferrite and semiconductor layers are investigated. Dispersion characteristics of eigenwaves are calculated. The transmission spectra of an electromagnetic wave oblique incident from the uniform medium onto the multilayer periodic ferrite-semiconductor structure is considered. The features of transmission spectra of the structure with periodicity breakdown are studied.
2. Abdulhalim, I., "Analytic propagation matrix method for anisotropic magneto-optic layered media," J. Opt. A: Pure Appl. Opt., Vol. 2, No. 2, 557-564, 2000.
3. Vytovtov, K. A. and Y. S. Tarasenko, "Analytical investigation of one-dimensional magnetoelectric photonic crystals. The 2 × 2 matrix approach," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 24, No. 11, 3564-3572, 2007.
4. Lyubchanskii, I. L., N. N. Dadoenkova, M. I. Lyubchanskii, E. A. Shapovalov, A. Lakhtakia, and T. Rasing, "Spectra of bigyrotropic magnetic photonic crystal," Phys. Stat. Sol. (A), Vol. 201, No. 15, 3338-3344, 2004.
5. Vinogradov, A. P., A. V. Dorofeenko, S. G. Erokhin, M. Inoue, A. A. Lisyansky, A. M. Merzlikin, and A. B. Granovsky, "Surface state peculiarities in one-dimensional photonic crystal interfaces," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 74, No. 4, 045128, 2006.
6. Lyubchanskii, I. L., N. N. Dadoenkova, M. I. Lyubchanskii, E. A. Shapovalov, A. E. Zabolotin, Y. P. Lee, and T. Rasing, "Response of two-defect magnetic photonic crystal to oblique incidence of light: Effect of defect layer variation," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 100, No. 9, 096110, 2006.
7. Gorobets, Y. and S. Reshetnyak, "Reflection of spin wave from a ferromagnetic multilayer with interfacial coupling of finite strength (reflection of spin waves from multilayer)," Central European Journal of Physics, Vol. 6, No. 1, 7-13, 2008.
8. Tkachenko, V. S., V. V. Kruglyak, and A. N. Kuchko, "Spin waves in a magnonic crystal with sine-like interfaces," J. Magn. Magn. J. Magn. Magn., Vol. 307, No. 1, 48-52, 2006.
9. Baganas, K., "Inhomogeneous magnetic media: Wave propagation and magnetic permeability reconstruction," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 46, 313-333, 2004.
10. Bulgakov, A. A. and O. V. Shramkova, "Investigation of reflection coefficient on semiconductor superlattice placed into magnetic field," Semiconductors, Vol. 34, No. 6, 712-716, 2000.
11. Eliseeva, S. V. and D. I. Sementsov, "Spectrum of natural electromagnetic waves in a periodic ferromagnet-dielectric structure," Crystallography Reports, Vol. 50, No. 4, 712-716, 2000.
12. Eliseeva, S. V., D. I. Sementsov, and M. M. Stepanov, "Dispersion of bulk and surface electromagnetic waves in bigyrotropic finely stratified ferrite-semiconductor medium ," Technical Physics, Vol. 53, No. 10, 1319-1326, 2008.
13. Wu, R., "Effective reflection index in periodic metal-ferrite-metal film composite," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 97, No. 7, 076105, 2005.
14. Wu, R., T. Zhao, P. Chen, J. Xu, and X. Ji, "Periodic layered waveguide with negative index of refraction," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 90, No. 8, 082506, 2007.
15. Tarkhanyan, R. H. and D. G. Niarchos, "Effective negative refractive index in ferromagnet-semiconductor superlattices," Opt. Expr., Vol. 14, No. 12, 5433-5444, 2006.
16. Wu, R., T. Zhao, and J. Xi, "Periodic ferrite-semiconductor layered composite with negative index of refraction," J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, Vol. 19, No. 2, 026211, 2007.
17. Shramkova, O. V., "Investigation of reflection coefficient from ferrite-semiconductor periodic structure," Proc. Int. Congress on Advanced Electromagnetic Materials in Microwaves and Optics, 2008.
18. Gurevich, A. G., Ferrites at Microwaves, Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1960.
19. Bass, F. G. and A. A. Bulgakov, Kinetic and Electrodynamic Phenomena in Classical and Quantum Semiconductor Superlattices, Nova Science, New York, 1997.
20. Born, M. and E. Wolf, Principles of Optic, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1965.