In this paper, a generic planar transmission line filled, homogeneously, with a pseudochiral omega medium is considered. It is shown that only a uniaxial omega medium can support TE and TM modes separately. Thus, for such a medium, the fields and modal equations for TE, TM and TEM mode propagation are obtained. The special case of parallel plate waveguide is solved, and the effect of pseudochirality parameter Ω on the propagation constant and cut-off frequency is considered. For TEM propagation, an equivalent circuit is given which is different from the common isotropic transmission line model. Finally, a pseudochiral stripline is analyzed, and the elements of the equivalent circuit are calculated. The results show that the properties of the line vary as the pseudochirality parameter changes.
2. Tretyakov, S. A. and A. A. Sochava, "A proposed composite material for non-reflecting shields and antenna radomes," Electron. Lett., Vol. 29, 1408-1409, 1993.
3. Lindell, I. V. and A. J. Viitanen, "Plane wave propagation in uniaxial bianisotropic medium," Electron. Lett., Vol. 29, 1993.
4. Yin, W. Y., W. Wan, X, and Sun, "Mode characteristics in a lossy parallel-plate uniaxial chiro-omega waveguide," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 7, 868-870, 1994.
5. Yin, W. Y., W. Wan, and W. Wang, "Mode characteristics in a circular uniaxial chiro-omega waveguide," Electron. Lett., Vol. 30, 1072-1074, 1994.
6. Mazur, J. and D. Pietrzak, "Field displacement phenomenon in a rectangular waveguide containing a thin plate of omega medium," IEEE Microwave Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 6, 34-36, 1996.
7. Topa, A. L., C. R. Paiva, and A. M. Barbosa, "Full-wave analysis of a nonradiative dielectric waveguide with a pseudochiral omega slab," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 46, 1263-1269, 1998.
8. Uslenghi, P. L. E., "TE-TM decoupling for guided propagation in bianisotropic media," IEEE Trans. Antennas and propagation, Vol. 45, 284-286, Feb. 1997.
9. Yamashita, E., "Variational method for the analysis of microstrip-like transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 16, 529-535, 1998.
10. Itoh, T., "Spectral domain immitance approach for dispersion characteristics of generalized printed transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 28, 733-736, Jul. 1980.