A mathematical model of a spherical antenna excited by a slot cut in an impedance endwall of a semi-infinite rectangular waveguide was built using a rigorous solution of the problem. Control of energy characteristics is accomplished by changing impedance distributed on the end-wall of the waveguide section. If the waveguide is excited by the wave H10, the wavelength tuning reaches (30-35)%, i.e. about a half of the wavelength range of single mode waveguide regime.
2. Gao, Y.-Y., X.-X. Yang, C. Yiang, and J.-Y. Zhou, "A circularly polarized rectenna with low profile for wireless power transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 41-49, 2010.
3. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, Thin Impedance Vibrators Theory and Applications, Springer Science + Business Media, , New York, 2011.
4. Gupta, A., M. P. Abegaonkar, A. Basu, and S. K. Koul, "A tunable high impedance surface and its application to dual-band microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 43, 231-246, 2013.
5. Lin, B.-Q., S.-H. Zhao, Q.-R. Zheng, M. Zhu, F. Li, and H.-Y. Zhang, "Avaractor-tunable high impedance surface for active metamaterial absorber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 43, 247, 2013.
6. Berdnik, S. L., Y. M. Penkin, V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, and V. I. Kijko, "Electromagnetic waves radiation into the space over a sphere by a slot in the end-wall of a semi-infinite rectangular waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 46, 139-158, 2013.
7. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, "Analytical and Hybrid Methods in Theory of Slot-hole Coupling of Electrodynamic Volumes," Springer Science + Business Media, 2008.
8. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguides coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 101-129, 2006.
9. Penkin, Y. M. and V. A. Katrich, "Excitation of Electromagnetic Waves in the Volumes with Coordinate Boundaries,", 2003.
10. Abramowits, M. and I. A. Stegun, "Handbook of mathematical functions with formulas, graphs and mathematical tables," Applied Mathematics Series-55, 1964.
11. Nesterenko, M. V. and Y. M. Penkin, "Diffraction radiation from a slot in the impedance end of a semi-infinite rectangular waveguide," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 47, 489-499, 2004.
12. Garb, H. L., I. B. Levinson, and P. S. Fredberg, "Effect of wall thickness in slot problems of electrodynamics," Radio Eng. Electron. Phys., Vol. 13, 1888-1896, 1968 .
13. Yoshitomi, K., "Radiation from a slot in an impedance surface ," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 49, 1370-1376, 2001.