In this paper we propose a new algorithm called An Informative Differential Evolution with Self Adaptive Reclustering Technique to find the amplitude-phase excitation of a linear phased array to have the desired far field pattern. Here we consider three problems for three different far field patterns and each problem is optimized with this algorithm. This algorithm has a proper balancing of exploration and exploitation power which is achieved with the help of information exchange among the subpopulations. We also used an elitist local search algorithm for the fine tuning at the suspected optimal position, and that helps us from the unnecessary wastage of Function Evaluations (FEs).
"An Informative Differential Evolution Algorithm with Self Adaptive Re-Clustering Technique for the Optimization of Phased Antenna Array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 40, 361-380, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERB12020106
1. Boeringer, D. W. and D. H. Werner, "Particle swarm optimization versus genetic algorithms for phased array synthesis," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 3, 771-778, Mar. 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.825102
2. Storn, R. and K. V. Price, "Differential evolution --- A simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces," Journal of Global Optimization, Vol. 11, 341-359, 1997. doi:10.1023/A:1008202821328
3. Das, S. and P. N. Suganthan, "Differential evolution: A survey of the state-of-the-art," IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 15, No. 1, 4-31, Feb. 2011. doi:10.1109/TEVC.2010.2059031
4. Mehrabian, A. R. and C. Lucas, "A novel numerical optimization algorithm inspired from weed colonization," Ecological Informatics, Vol. 1, 355-366, 2006. doi:10.1016/j.ecoinf.2006.07.003
5. Mallahzadeh, A. R., S. Es'haghi, and A. Alipour, "Design of an E-shaped MIMO antenna using IWO algorithm for wireless application at 5.8 GHz," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 187-203, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER08122704
6. Mallahzadeh, A. R., S. Es'haghi, and H. R. Hassani, "Compact U-array MIMO antenna designs using IWO algorithm," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-aided Engineering, Wiley-InterSscience, Jul. 2009, DOI: 10.1002/mmce.20379.
7. Kennedy, J. and R. C. Eberhart, "Particle swarm optimization," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, 1942-1948, Piscataway, NJ, 1995. doi:10.1109/ICNN.1995.488968
8. Holland, J., Adaptation in natural and artificial systems, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, 1975.
9. Jain, R. and G. S. Mani, "Dynamic thinning of antenna array using genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 32, 1-20, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERB11042203
10. Grimaccia, F., M. Mussetta, and R. E. Zich, "Genetical swarm optimization: Self-adaptive hybrid evolutionary algorithm for electromagnetics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, 781-785, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.891561
11. Guney, K. and S. Basbug, "Interference suppression of linear antenna arrays by amplitude-only control using a Bacterial Foraging algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 475-497, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07110705
12. Mouhamadou, M., P. Armand, P. Vaudon, and M. Rammal, "Interference suppression of the linear antenna arrays controlled by phase with use of SQP algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 59, 251-265, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05100603
13. Mahanti, G. K., N. Pathak, and P. Mahanti, "Synthesis of thinned linear antenna arrays with fixed sidelobe level using real-coded genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 319-328, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07061304
14. Guney, K. and M. Onay, "Amplitude-only pattern nulling of linear antenna arrays with the use of BEES algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 21-36, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07011204
15. MacQueen, J. B., "Some methods for classification and analysis of multivariate observations," Proceedings of 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, 281-297, University of California Press, 1967, Retrieved April 7, 2009.
16. Liang, J. J., A. K. Qin, P. N. Suganthan, and S. Baskar, "Comprehensive learning particle swarm optimizer for global optimization of multimodal functions," IEEE T. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 10, No. 3, 281-295, Jun. 2006. doi:10.1109/TEVC.2005.857610
17. Qin, A. K. and P. N. Suganthan, "Self-adaptive differential evolution algorithm for numerical optimization," Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 2, 1785-1791, 2005. doi:10.1109/CEC.2005.1554904
19. Derrac, J., S. García, D. Molina, and F. Herrera, "A practical tutorial on the use of nonparametric statistical tests as a methodology for comparing evolutionary and swarm intelligence algorithms ," Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 1, No. 1, 3-18, Mar. 2011. doi:10.1016/j.swevo.2011.02.002