1. Bolea, M., J. Mora, B. Ortega, and J. Capmany, "Optical UWB pulse generator using an N tap microwave photonic filter and phase inversion adaptable to different pulse modulation formats," Optics Express, Vol. 17, 5023-5032, 2009.
2. Chow, C., S. Huang, L. Yang, and C. Yeh, "Extended-reach access network with downstream radio-over-fiber (ROF) signal and upstream NRZ signal using orthogonal-WDM," Optics Express, Vol. 20, 16757-16762, 2012.
3. Pan, S. and J. Yao, "UWB-over-fiber communications: Modulation and transmission," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 28, 2445-2455, 2010.
4. Goda, K., K. Tsia, and B. Jalali, "Serial time-encoded amplified imaging for real-time observation of fast dynamic phenomena," Nature, Vol. 458, 1145-1149, 2009.
5. Hansen, H., "Standoff detection using millimeter and submillimeter wave spectroscopy," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 95, 1691-1704, 2007.
6. Miyakawa, M. and J. C. Bolomey, Non-invasive Thermometry of the Human Body, CRC Press, 1995.
7. Nashashibi, A. Y., K. Sarabandi, P. Frantzis, R. D. De Roo, and F. T. Ulaby, "An ultrafast wide-band millimeter-wave (MMW) polarimetric radar for remote sensing applications," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 40, 1777-1786, 2002.
8. Capmany, J., J. Mora, I. Gasulla, J. Sancho, J. Lloret, and S. Sales, "Microwave photonic signal processing," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 31, 571-586, 2013.
9. Capmany, J. and D. Novak, "Microwave photonics combines two worlds," Nature Photonics, Vol. 1, 319-330, 2007.
10. Yu, X., K. Wang, X. Zheng, and H. Zhang, "Incoherent photonic digital-to-analogue converter based on broadband optical source," Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, 1, 2007.
11. Han, Y. and B. Jalali, "Photonic time-stretched analog-to-digital converter: Fundamental concepts and practical considerations," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 21, 3085, 2003.
12. Lin, I. S., J. D. McKinney, and A. M. Weiner, "Photonic synthesis of broadband microwave arbitrary waveforms applicable to ultra-wideband communication," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, 226-228, 2005.
13. Jason, C., H. Yan, and B. Jalali, "Adaptive RF-photonic arbitrary waveform generator," IEICE Transactions on Electronics, Vol. 86, 1226-1229, 2003.
14. Yao, J., "Photonic generation of microwave arbitrary waveforms," Optics Communications, Vol. 284, 3723-3736, 2011.
15. Chen, L. R., "Photonic generation of chirped microwave and millimeter wave pulses based on optical spectral shaping and wavelength-to-time mapping in silicon photonics," Optics Communications, Vol. 373, 70-81, 2016.
16. Fandino, J. S., P. Munoz, D. Domenech, and J. Capmany, "A monolithic integrated photonic microwave filter," Nature Photonics, Vol. 11, 124-129, Oct. 23, 2016.
17. Marpaung, D., C. Roeloffzen, R. Heideman, A. Leinse, S. Sales, and J. Capmany, "Integrated microwave photonics," Laser & Photonics Reviews, Vol. 7, 506-538, 2013.
18. Shoeiby, M., A. Mitchell, and L. Bui, "Real time all optical correlator for serialized time encoded signals," Optics Communications, Vol. 338, 34-39, 2015.
19. Sarkhosh, N., H. Emami, L. Bui, and A. Mitchell, "Reduced cost photonic instantaneous frequency measurement system," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 20, 1521-1523, 2008.
20. Emami, H., N. Sarkhosh, L. Bui, and A. Mitchell, "Amplitude independent RF instantaneous frequency measurement system using photonic Hilbert transform," Optics Express, Vol. 16, 13707-13712, 2008.
21. Emami, H., N. Sarkhosh, L. A. Bui, and A. Mitchell, "Wideband RF photonic in-phase and quadrature-phase generation," Optics Letters, Vol. 33, 98-100, 2008.
22. Rashidinejad, A., Y. Li, and A. M. Weiner, "Recent advances in programmable photonic-assisted ultrabroadband radio-frequency arbitrary waveform generation," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 52, 1-17, 2016.
23. Dezfooliyan, A. and A. M. Weiner, "Photonic synthesis of high fidelity microwave arbitrary waveforms using near field frequency to time mapping," Optics Express, Vol. 21, 22974-22987, 2013.
24. Weiner, A. M., "Ultrafast optical pulse shaping: A tutorial review," Optics Communications, Vol. 284, 3669-3692, 2011.
25. Torres-Company, V., A. J. Metcalf, D. E. Leaird, and A. M. Weiner, "Multichannel radio-frequency arbitrary waveform generation based on multiwavelength comb switching and 2-D line-by-line pulse shaping," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 24, 891-893, 2012.
26. Wang, J., H. Shen, L. Fan, R. Wu, B. Niu, L. T. Varghese, et al. "Reconfigurable radio-frequency arbitrary waveforms synthesized in a silicon photonic chip," Nature Communications, Vol. 6, 2015.
27. Bazargani, H. P. and J. Azana, "Optical pulse shaping based on discrete space-to-time mapping in cascaded co-directional couplers," Optics Express, Vol. 23, 23450-23461, 2015.
28. Bolea, M., J. Mora, B. Ortega, and J. Capmany, "Photonic arbitrary waveform generation applicable to multiband UWB communications," Optics Express, Vol. 18, 26259-26267, 2010.
29. Rashidinejad, A. and A. M. Weiner, "Photonic radio-frequency arbitrary waveform generation with maximal time-bandwidth product capability," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 32, 3383-3393, 2014.
30. Li, Y., A. Dezfooliyan, and A. M. Weiner, "Photonic synthesis of spread spectrum radio frequency waveforms with arbitrarily long time apertures," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 32, 3580-3587, 2014.
31. Mora, J., B. Ortega, A. Dıez, J. L. Cruz, M. V. Andres, J. Capmany, et al. "Photonic microwave tunable single-bandpass filter based on a Mach-Zehnder interferometer," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 24, 2500, 2006.
32. Nguyen, T. G., M. Shoeiby, S. T. Chu, B. E. Little, R. Morandotti, A. Mitchell, et al. "Integrated frequency comb source based Hilbert transformer for wideband microwave photonic phase analysis," Optics Express, Vol. 23, 22087-22097, 2015.
33. Pasquazi, A., L. Caspani, M. Peccianti, M. Clerici, M. Ferrera, L. Razzari, et al. "Self-locked optical parametric oscillation in a CMOS compatible microring resonator: A route to robust optical frequency comb generation on a chip," Optics Express, Vol. 21, 13333-13341, 2013.
34. Soref, R., "The past, present, and future of silicon photonics," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Vol. 12, 1678-1687, 2006.
35. Inniss, D. and R. Rubenstein, Silicon Photonics: Fueling the Next Information Revolution, Morgan Kaufmann, 2016.
36. Rao, A., M. Malinowski, A. Honardoost, J. R. Talukder, P. Rabiei, P. Delfyett, et al. "Secondharmonic generation in periodically-poled thin film lithium niobate wafer-bonded on silicon," Optics Express, Vol. 24, 29941-29947, 2016.
37. Zhang, W. and J. Yao, "Silicon-based on-chip electrically-tunable spectral shaper for continuously tunable linearly chirped microwave waveform generation," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 34, 4664-4672, 2016.
38. Metcalf, A. J., H.-J. Kim, D. E. Leaird, J. A. Jaramillo-Villegas, K. A. McKinzie, V. Lal, et al. "Integrated line-by-line optical pulse shaper for high-fidelity and rapidly reconfigurable RF-filtering," Optics Express, Vol. 24, 23925-23940, 2016.
39. Qin, C., S. Feng, K. Shang, S. Pathak, B. Guan, M. Clements, et al. "Dynamic optical arbitrary waveform generation from a heterogeneously integrated InP/Si3N4 chip-scale module," Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC), 2016, 1-3, 2016.
40. Liu, W., M. Li, R. S. Guzzon, E. J. Norberg, J. S. Parker, M. Lu, et al. "A fully reconfigurable photonic integrated signal processor," Nature Photonics, Vol. 10, 190-195, 2016.
41. Liao, S., Y. Ding, J. Dong, S. Yan, X. Wang, and X. Zhang, "Photonic arbitrary waveform generator based on Taylor synthesis method," Optics Express, Vol. 24, 24390-24400, 2016.
42. Asghari, M. H. and J. Azana, "Proposal and analysis of a reconfigurable pulse shaping technique based on multi-arm optical differentiators," Optics Communications, Vol. 281, 4581-4588, 2008.
43. Chen, L. R., "Silicon photonics for microwave photonics applications," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 35, 824-835, 2017.
44. Rius, M., M. Bolea, J. Mora, and J. Capmany, "Incoherent photonic processing for chirped microwave pulse generation," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 29, 7-10, 2017.
45. Rius, M., M. Bolea, J. Mora, and J. Capmany, "Chirped waveform generation with envelope reconfigurability for pulse compression radar," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 28, 748-751, 2016.
46. Li, Y. and A. M. Weiner, "Photonic-assisted error-free wireless communication with multipath precompensation covering 2–18 GHz," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 34, 4154-4161, 2016.
47. Kim, H.-J., D. E. Leaird, and A. M. Weiner, "Rapidly tunable dual-comb RF photonic filter for ultrabroadband RF spread spectrum applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 64, 3351-3362, 2016.
48. Ma, C., Y. Jiang, G. Bai, Y. Tang, X. Qi, Z. Jia, et al. "Photonic generation of microwave triangular waveform based on polarization-dependent modulation efficiency of a single-drive Mach-Zehnder modulator," Optics Communications, Vol. 363, 207-210, 2016.
49. Gao, Y., A. Wen, W. Liu, H. Zhang, and S. Xiang, "Photonic generation of triangular pulses based on phase modulation and spectrum manipulation," IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 8, 1-9, 2016.
50. Li, J., J. Sun, W. Xu, T. Ning, L. Pei, J. Yuan, et al. "Frequency-doubled triangular-shaped waveform generation based on spectrum manipulation," Optics Letters, Vol. 41, 199-202, 2016.
51. Yuan, J., T. Ning, J. Li, L. Pei, H. Chen, C. Zhang, et al. "Investigation on quadrupling triangularshaped pulses generator with flexible repetition rate tunability," Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 48, 1-12, 2016.
52. Yuan, J., T. Ning, J. Li, H. Chen, Y. Li, and C. Zhang, "A photonic-assisted periodic triangular-shaped pulses generator based on FWM effect in an SOA," Optics Communications, Vol. 381, 450-456, 2016.
53. Wu, T., Y. Jiang, C. Ma, Z. Jia, G. Bai, Y. Zi, et al. "Simultaneous triangular waveform signal and microwave signal generation based on dual-loop optoelectronic oscillator," IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 8, 1-10, 2016.
54. Zhou, P., F. Zhang, X. Ye, Q. Guo, and S. Pan, "Flexible frequency-hopping microwave generation by dynamic control of optically injected semiconductor laser," IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 8, 1-9, 2016.