1. Glover, I. and P. M. Grant, Digital Communications, Pearson Education, 2010.
2. Henthorn, S., K. L. Ford, and T. O’Farrell, "Bit-error-rate performance of quadrature modulation transmission using reconfigurable frequency selective surfaces," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 2038-2041, 2017.
3. Babakhani, A., D. B. Rutledge, and A. Hajimiri, "Transmitter architectures based on near-field direct antenna modulation," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 43, No. 12, 2674-2692, 2008.
4. Mohamadzade, B., R. B. Simorangkir, S. Maric, A. Lalbakhsh, K. P. Esselle, and R. M. Hashmi, "Recent developments and state of the art in flexible and conformal reconfigurable antennas," Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 9, 1375, 2020.
5. Bernhard, J. T., "Reconfigurable antennas," Synthesis Lectures on Antennas, Vol. 2, No. 1, 1-66, 2007.
6. Christodoulou, C. G., Y. Tawk, S. A. Lane, and S. R. Erwin, "Reconfigurable antennas for wireless and space applications," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 100, No. 7, 2250-2261, 2012.
7. Eldek, A., A. Abdallah, and M. Manzoul, "Reconfigurable microstrip double-dipole antennas for personal wireless communications," Wireless Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2, 60-69, 2011.
8. Matin, M. A., "Recent trends in antennas for modern wireless communications," Wearable Technologies: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, 1413-1435, IGI Global, 2018.
9. Dahlman, E., Y. Jading, S. Parkvall, and H. Murai, "3G radio access evolution — HSPA and LTE for mobile broadband —," IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 92, No. 5, 1432-1440, 2009.
10. Yashchyshyn, Y., "Reconfigurable antennas by RF switches technology," 2009 5th International Conference on Perspective Technologies and Methods in MEMS Design, 155-157, IEEE, 2009.
11. Al Naiemy, Y., T. A. Elwi, and L. Nagy, "An end fire printed monopole antenna based on electromagnetic band gap structure," Automatika, Vol. 61, No. 3, 482-495, 2020.
12. Alnaiemy, Y., T. A. Elwi, and L. Nagy, "Mutual coupling reduction in patch antenna array based on EBG structure for MIMO applications," Periodica Polytechnica Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 63, No. 4, 332-342, 2019.
13. AlSabbagh, H. M., T. A. Elwi, Y. Al-Naiemy, and H. M. Al-Rizzo, "A compact triple-band metamaterial-inspired antenna for wearable applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 2, 763-777, 2020.
14. Alnaiemy, Y., T. A. Elwi, L. Nagy, and T. Zwick, A systematic analysis and design of a high gain microstrip antenna based on a single EBG layer, 2019.
15. Hassain, Z. A., A. R. Azeez, M. M. Ali, and T. A. Elwi, "A modified compact Bi-directional UWB taperd slot antenna with double band-notch characteristics," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 8, No. 4, 74-79, 2019.
16. Wang, H., Z. Wu, Y. Wang, C.-Y.-D. Sim, and G. Yang, "Small-size folded monopole antenna with switchable matching circuit for ultra-thin mobile applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 65, 131-138, 2016.
17. Elwi, T. A., "Electromagnetic band gap structures based on ultra wideband microstrip antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 4, 827-834, 2017.
18. Liang, B., B. Sanz-Izquierdo, E. A. Parker, and J. C. Batchelor, "A frequency and polarization reconfigurable circularly polarized antenna using active EBG structure for satellite navigation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 1, 33-40, 2014.
19. Singh, D. K., B. K. Kanaujia, S. Dwari, G. P. Pandey, and S. Kumar, "Reconfigurable circularly polarized capacitive coupled microstrip antenna," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, No. 4, 843, 2017.
20. Saeed, S. M., C. A. Balanis, and C. R. Birtcher, "Inkjet-printed flexible reconfigurable antenna for conformal WLAN/WiMAX wireless devices," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1979-1982, 2016.
21. Yousefbeiki, M. and J. Perruisseau-Carrier, "Towards compact and frequency-tunable antenna solutions for MIMO transmission with a single RF chain," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1065-1073, 2013.
22. Yousefbeiki, M., O. N. Alrabadi, and J. Perruisseau-Carrier, "Efficient MIMO transmission of PSK signals with a single-radio reconfigurable antenna," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 62, No. 2, 567-577, 2014.
23. Pringle, L. N., P. H. Harms, S. P. Blalock, G. N. Kiesel, E. J. Kuster, P. G. Friederich, R. J. Prado, J. M. Morris, and G. S. Smith, "A reconfigurable aperture antenna based on switched links between electrically small metallic patches," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 6, 1434-1445, 2004.
24. Chia, M.-W., T.-H. Lim, J.-K. Yin, P.-Y. Chee, S.-W. Leong, and C.-K. Sim, "Electronic beam-steering design for UWB phased array," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 6, 2431-2438, 2006.
25. Yin, Z., Q. Zheng, K. Guo, and Z. Guo, "Tunable beam steering, focusing and generating of orbital angular momentum vortex beams using high-order patch array," Applied Sciences, Vol. 9, No. 15, 2949, 2019.
26. Yao, W. and Y. E. Wang, "An integrated antenna for pulse modulation and radiation," Proceedings 2004 IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference (IEEE Cat. No. 04TH8746), 427-429, IEEE, 2004.
27. Mohammed, A. A., F. M. Alnahwi, A. S. Abdullah, and A. G. A. A. Hameed, "A compact monopole antenna with reconfigurable band notch for underlay cognitive radio applications," 2018 International Conference on Advance of Sustainable Engineering and Its Application (ICASEA), 25-30, IEEE, 2018.
28. Tasouji, N., J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, and F. Tofigh, "A novel printed UWB slot antenna with reconfigurable band-notch characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 922-925, 2013.
29. Zhang, Z. and Z. Pan, "Time domain performance of reconfigurable filter antenna for IR-UWB, WLAN, and WiMAX applications," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 9, 1007, 2019.
30. Iqbal, A., A. Smida, N. K. Mallat, R. Ghayoula, I. Elfergani, J. Rodriguez, and S. Kim, "Frequency and pattern reconfigurable antenna for emerging wireless communication systems," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 4, 407, 2019.
31. Ojaroudi Parchin, N., H. Jahanbakhsh Basherlou, Y. I. Al-Yasir, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, A. M. Abdulkhaleq, and J. M. Noras, "Recent developments of reconfigurable antennas for current and future wireless communication systems," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 128, 2019.
32. Yang, H., X. Xi, H. Hou, X. Shi, and Y. Yuan, "Design of reconfigurable monopole antenna with switchable dual band-notches for UWB applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 10, No. 9, 1065-1071, 2018.
33. Manteghi, M., "A wideband electrically small transient-state antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 4, 1201-1208, 2016.
34. Kiani, G. I. and T. S. Bird, "ASK modulator based on switchable FSS for THz applications," Radio Science, Vol. 46, No. 02, 1-8, 2011.
35. Henthorn, S., K. L. Ford, and T. O’Farrell, "Direct antenna modulation for high-order phase shift keying," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 68, No. 1, 111-120, 2019.
36. Srivastava, S. and J. J. Adams, "Analysis of a direct antenna modulation transmitter for wideband OOK with a narrowband antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 10, 4971-4979, 2017.
37. Tang, W., J. Y. Dai, M. Chen, X. Li, Q. Cheng, S. Jin, K.-K. Wong, and T. J. Cui, "Programmable metasurface-based rf chain-free 8PSK wireless transmitter," Electronics Letters, Vol. 55, No. 7, 417-420, 2019.
38. Diaby, F., A. Clemente, L. Di Palma, L. Dussopt, K. Pham, E. Fourn, and R. Sauleau, "Linearlypolarized electronically reconfigurable transmitarray antenna with 2-bit phase resolution in Ka-band," 2017 International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), 1295-1298, IEEE, 2017.
39. Alnaiemy, Y., T. A. Elwi, and N. Lajos, "A folded microstrip antenna structure based differential phase shift keying modulation technique," 2018 IEEE 18th International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Informatics (CINTI), 000 071-000 074, IEEE, 2018.
40. Il Kwak, S., D.-U. Sim, J. H. Kwon, and Y. J. Yoon, "Design of PIFA with metamaterials for body-SAR reduction in wearable applications," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 59, No. 1, 297-300, 2016.
41. Ahmed, H. S. and T. A. Elwi, "SAR effect reduction using reject band filter arrays for Wi-Fi portable devices," International Journal of Electronics Letters, Vol. 7, No. 2, 236-248, 2019.
42. Andreuccetti, D., R. Fossi, and C. Petrucc, "Dielectric properties of body tissues: HTML clients," IFACCNR, Vol. 2007, Florence, Italy, 1997.
43. Ali, U., S. Ullah, M. Shafi, S. A. Shah, I. A. Shah, and J. A. Flint, "Design and comparative analysis of conventional and metamaterial-based textile antennas for wearable applications," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 32, No. 6, e2567, 2019.
44. Elwi, T. A. and A. M. Al-Saegh, "Further realization of a flexible metamaterial-based antenna on indium nickel oxide polymerized palm fiber substrates for RF energy harvesting," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-9, 2020.
45. Elwi, T. A., O. A. Tawfeeq, Y. Alnaiemy, H. S. Ahmed, and N. Lajos, "A UWB monopole antenna design based RF energy harvesting technology," 2018 Third Scientific Conference of Electrical Engineering (SCEE), 111-115, IEEE, 2018.