In the traditional Direct Instantaneous Torque Control (DITC) strategy for permanent magnet assisted switched reluctance motors, the hysteresis control mode during the commutation phase and the single-phase on-period is not smooth, resulting in excessive synthetic torque ripple. In this paper, we analyzed this problem, combined with the principle of hysteresis segmentation control and pulse width modulation (PWM), and proposed a hysteresis segmented PWM-DITC strategy. By analyzing the torque error changes in each division area of the inductor, the torque error is adjusted by the internal hysteresis loop during the commutation period and the single-phase on-period, so that the hysteresis control is smoother, and the torque ripple is reduced. At the same time, the linear model of rotor angle and inductance is established; the PWM voltage modulation calculation formula at both ends of the winding is calculated and derived; the hysteresis output signal at the commutation time and the single-phase on-time is optimized to further suppress the torque ripple. Finally, through simulation and experimental demonstration, the proposed hysteresis loop segmented PWM-DITC strategy can overcome the problem of unsmooth hysteresis control mode and can effectively suppress torque ripple.
"A Torque Ripple Suppression Strategy for Hysteresis Segmented PWM-DITC Permanent Magnet Assisted Switched Reluctance Motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 103, 37-53, 2023. doi:10.2528/PIERB23061901
1. Ma, J., D. Wang, R. Qu, J. Li, and X. Li, "Quasi-three-dimensional analysis and design of an axial ux switched reluctance motor based on grain oriented silicon stee," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 33, No. 17, 4069-4077, Sep. 2018.
2. Gu, Y., Z. Deng, J. Shao, and , "A conducting interval optimized sensorless starting method for switched reluctance motor," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 32, No. 19, 11-20, Oct. 2017.
3. Cao, X., H. Hu, N. Yan, and Z. Deng, "Direct torque control of switched reluctance motor with real-time optimization of sectors," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 33, No. 19, 4526-4534, Oct. 2018.
4. Yu, C., Z. Xiao, Y. Huang, and Y. Zhu, "Two-step commutation control of switched reluctance motor based on PWM," Journal of Engineering, Vol. 2019, No. 22, 8414-8418, Sep. 2019. doi:10.1049/joe.2019.1106
5. Li, B., X. Ling, Y. Huang, and L. Gong, "An improved model predictive current controller of switched reluctance machines using time-multiplexed current sensor," Sensor, Vol. 17, No. 5, 1146-1162, May 2017. doi:10.3390/s17051146
6. Pupadubsin, R., B. C. Mecrow, and J. D. Widmer, "Smooth voltage PWM for vibration and acoustic noise reduction in switched reluctance machines," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 36, No. 3, 1578-1588, Sep. 2021. doi:10.1109/TEC.2020.3044917
7. Fei, P., Y. Jin, E. Ali, and , "A digital PWM current controller for switched reluctance motor drives," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 31, No. 10, 7087-7098, 2016.
8. Song, S., J. Liu, Y. Zhao, L. Ge, R. Ma, W. Liu, and , "High-dynamic four-quadrant speed adjustment of switched reluctance machine with torque predictive control," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 69, No. 8, 7733-7743, Aug. 2022. doi:10.1109/TIE.2021.3108707
9. Cheng, Y., "Modified PWM direct instantaneous torque control system for SRM," Mathematical Problems in Engineering, PDF, 1-13, Oct. 2021.
10. Rajib, M., H. Iqbal, and S. Yilmaz, "A fixed switching frequency predictive current control method for switched reluctance machines," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 50, No. 6, 3717-3726, 2014. doi:10.1109/TIA.2014.2322144
11. Wei, P., G. Johan, A. Jin-Woo, and D. Lee, "Torque sharing function control of switched reluctance machines with reduced current sensors," CES Transactions on Electrical Machines and Systems, Vol. 2, No. 4, 355-362, Dce. 2018. doi:10.30941/CESTEMS.2018.00045
12. Song, S., G. Fang, R. Hei, J. Jiang, R. Ma, and W. Liu, "Torque ripple and efficiency online optimization of switched reluctance machine based on torque per ampere characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 9, 9610-9618, Sep. 2020.
13. Inderk, R. B., W. Rik, and A. A. De Doncker, "DITC --- Direct instantaneous torque control of switched reluctance drives," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications Industry, Vol. 39, No. 4, 1046-1051, Aug. 2003. doi:10.1109/TIA.2003.814578
14. Qing, L., H. Wang, and X. Ge, "A high efficiency torque ripple suppression method for switched reluctance motor," Transactions of China Electrotehnical Society, Vol. 35, No. 9, 1912-1920, May 2020.
15. Sun, Q., J. Wu, and C. Gan, "Optimized direct instantaneous torque control for SRMs with efficiency improvement," IEEE Transactions on Industry Electronics, Vol. 68, No. 3, 2072-2082, Mar. 2021. doi:10.1109/TIE.2020.2975481
16. Wang, S., Z. Hu, and X. Cui, "Research on novel direct instantaneous torque control strategy for switched reluctance motor," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 66910-66916, Apr. 2020. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2986393
17. Ma, M., K. Yuan, Q. Yang, and S. Yang, "Subsection PWM variable duty cycle control of switched reluctance motor based on current soft chopping," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 38, No. 18, 5582-5589, Sep. 2018.
18. Tian, D., B. Qu, J. Song, and Y. Zhao, "An analytical method of PWM duty cycle for switched reluctance motors based on current chopping control," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 34, No. 21, 4449-4457, Nov. 2019.
19. Cai, Y., C. Ju, H. Wang, Y, Wan, and H. Zhang, "A new direct instantaneous torque control method of switched reluctance motor and its high efficiency operation," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 37, No. 18, 4625-4637, Sep. 2022.
20. Xu, A., L. Huang, Q. Li, C. Shang, and J. Zhu, "Direct instantaneous torque control optimization of switched reluctance motor for high torque per ampere ratio," Electric Drive, Vol. 51, No. 5, 64-69, Aug. 2021.
21. Zhu, Y., G. Zhang, and Y. Huang, "PWM-based direct instantaneous torque control of switched reluctance machine," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 32, No. 7, 31-39, Apr. 2021.