The approximate analytical solution of the integral equation concerning the current in a thin straight vibrator with complex surface impedance has been obtained. The vibrator is located in unlimited space and is excited in an arbitrary point along its length. The calculations have been made and the plots of electrodynamic characteristics of the vibrator, depending of the value and the type of its surface impedance and the excitation point location, are represented. The comparative analysis between the calculated and the experimental data and also the results, obtained by the method of moments, are represented for perfectly conducting vibrators.
Victor M. Dakhov,
Sergey L. Berdnik,
"Impedance Vibrator with Arbitrary Point of Excitation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 5, 275-290, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08022805
1. King, R. W. P., The Theory of Linear Antennas, Harv. Univ. Press, Cambr., MA, 1995.
2. King, R. W. P. and T. T. Wu, "The cylindrical antenna with arbitrary driving point," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 13, 710-718, 1965. doi:10.1109/TAP.1965.1138531
3. Harrington, R. F. and J. R. Mautz, "Straight wires with arbitrary excitation and loading," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 15, 502-515, 1967. doi:10.1109/TAP.1967.1138970
4. Kim, K.-C. and I. S. Kwon, "Beam tilting dipole antenna elements with forced resonance by reactance loading," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E83-B, No. 1, 77-83, 2000.
5. Chen, H.-T., J.-X. Luo, and D.-K. Zhang, "An analytic formula of the current distribution for the VLF horizontal wire antenna above lossy half-space," PIER Letters, Vol. 1, 149-158, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07112904
6. King, R. W. P. and T. T. Wu, "The imperfectly conducting cylindrical transmitting antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 14, 524-534, 1966. doi:10.1109/TAP.1966.1138733
7. Taylor, C. D., "Cylindrical transmitting antenna: Tapered resistivity and multiple impedance loadings," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 16, 176-179, 1968. doi:10.1109/TAP.1968.1139146
8. Rao, B. L. J., J. E. Ferris, and W. E. Zimmerman, "Broadband characteristics of cylindrical antennas with exponentially tapered capacitive loading," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 17, 145-151, 1969. doi:10.1109/TAP.1969.1139408
9. Inagaki, N., O. Kukino, and T. Sekiguchi, "Integral equation analysis of cylindrical antennas characterized by arbitrary surface impedance," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. 55-B, 683-690, 1972.
10. Andersen, L. S., O. Breinbjerg, and J. T. Moore, "The standard impedance boundary condition model for coated conductors with edges: A numerical investigation of the accuracy for transverse magnetic polarization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 4, 415-446, 1998. doi:10.1163/156939398X00863
11. Galdi, V. and I. M. Pinto, "SDRA approach for higherorder impedance boundary conditions for complex multi-layer coatings on curved conducting bodies --- Abstract," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 12, 1629-1630, 1999. doi:10.1163/156939399X00033
12. Ikiz, T., S. Koshikawa, K. Kobayashi, E. I. Veliev, and A. H. Serbest, "Solution of the plane wave diffraction problem by an impedance strip using a numerical-analytical method: E-polarized case," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 15, No. 3, 315-340, 2001. doi:10.1163/156939301X00481
13. Papakanellos, P. J. and C. N. Capsalis, "Numerical analysis of cylindrical dipole antennas using an auxiliary sources model," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 3, 389-407, 2003. doi:10.1163/156939303767868900
14. Makinen, R. M., "An efficient surface-impedance boundary condition for thin wires of finite conductivity," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 52, 3364-3372, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.836426
15. Nesterenko, M. V., "The electomagnetic wave radiation from a thin impedance dipole in a lossy homogeneous isotropic medium," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 61, 840-853, 2004. doi:10.1615/TelecomRadEng.v61.i10.40
16. Arnold, M. D., "An efficient solution for scattering by a perfectly conducting strip grating," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 891-900, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776149905
17. Collard, B., M. B. Fares, and B. Souny, "A new formulation for scattering by impedant 3D bodies," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1291-1298, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779276785
18. Ruppin, R., "Scattering of electromagnetic radiation by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1853-1860, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292219
19. Zainud-Deen, S. H., A. Z. Botros, and M. S. Ibrahim, "Scattering from bodies coated with metamaterial using FDFD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 279-290, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07112803
20. Hady, L. K. and A. A. Kishk, "Electromagnetic scattering from conducting circular cylinder coated by meta-materials and loaded with helical strips under oblique incidence," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 189-206, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07121107
21. Hatamzadeh-Varmazyar, S. and M. Naser-Moghadasi, "New numerical method for determining the scattered electromagnetic fields from thin wires," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 207-218, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07121303
22. Khizhnyak, N. A., Integral Equations of Macroscopical Electrodynamics, Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1986 (in Russian).
23. Leontovich, M. A., "On the approximate boundary conditions for the electromagnetic field on surfaces of good conductive bodies," Investigations of Radiowave Propagation, 1948 (in Russian).
24. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "Thin vibrators with arbitrary surface impedance as a handset antennas," Proceedings of the 5th European Personal Mobile Communications Conference, 16-20, 2003. doi:10.1049/cp:20030211
25. King, R. W. P., E. A. Aronson, and C. W. Harrison, "Determination of the admittance and effective length of cylindrical antennas," Radio Science, Vol. 1, No. 7, 835-850, 1966.
26. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, "Analytical methods in theory of slot-hole coupling of electrodynamics volumes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 79-174, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06121203
27. King, R. W. P. and G. S. Smith, Antennas in Matter, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and London, England, 1981.
28. Fujimoto, K. and J. R. James, Mobile Antenna Systems Handbook, Artech House, London, 1994.