1. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Sov. Phys. Usp., Vol. 10, 509-514, 1968.
2. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Steward, "Low frequency plasmons in thin-wire structures," J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, Vol. 10, 4785-4809, 1998.
3. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Stewart, "Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 11, 2075-2084, 1999.
4. Smith, D. R., W. J. Padilla, D. C. Vier, S. C. Nemat-Nasser, and S. Schultz, "Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 84, No. 18, 4184-4187, 2000.
5. Weiland, T., R. Schuhmann, R. B. Greegor, C. G. Parazzoli, A. M. Vetter, D. R. Smith, D. C. Vier, and S. Schultz, "Ab initio numerical simulation of left-handed metamaterials: Comparison of calculation and experiments," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 90, No. 10, 5419-5424, 2001.
6. Aydin, K., I. Bulu, K. Guven, M. Kafesaki, C. M. Soukoulis, and E. Ozbay, "Investigation of magnetic resonances for different split-ring resonator parameters," New Journalof Physics, Vol. 7, No. 168, 1-15, 2005.
7. Sheng, Z. and V. V. Varadan, "Tuning the effective properties of metamaterials by changing the substrate properties," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 101, 014909 (1)-(7), 2007.
8. Baena, J. D., R. Marques, F. Medina, and J. Martel, "Artificial magnetic metamaterial design by using spiral resonators," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 69, 014402 (1)-(5), 2004.
9. Chen, H., L. Ran, J. Huangfu, T. M. Grzegorczyk, and J. A. Kong, "Equivalent circuit model for left-handed metamaterials," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 100, 024915 (1)-024915 (6), 2006.
10. Bilotti, F., A. Toscano, L. Vegni, K. Aydin, K. B. Alici, and E. Ozbay, "Equivalent-circuit models for the design of metamaterials based on artificial magnetic inclusions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 12, 2865-2873, 2007.
11. Marques, R., F. Medina, and R. Rafii-El-Idrissi, "Role of bianisotropy in negative permeability and left-handed metamaterials," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 65, 14440(1)-14440(6), 2002.
12. Marques, R., F. Mesa, J. Martel, and F. Medina, "Comparative analysis of edge- and broadside-coupled split ring resonators for metamaterial design-theory and experiments," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2572-2581, 2003.
13. Ghodgaonkar, D. K., V. V. Varadan, and V. K. Varadan, "Free-space measurement of complex permittivity and complex permeability of magnetic materials at microwave frequencies," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., Vol. 39, No. 2, 387-394, 1990.
14. Baena, J. D., J. Bonache, F. Martın, R. M. Sillero, F. Falcone, T. Lopetgi, M. A. G. Laso, J. Garcıa-Garcıa, I. Gil, M. F. Portillo, and M. So, "Equivalent-circuit models for split-ring resonators and complementary split-ring resonators coupled to planar transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 4, 1451-1461, 2005.
15. Ekmekci, E. and G. Turhan-Sayan, "Sensitivity of the resonance characteristics of SRR and DSRR (double-sided SRR) type metamaterials to the changes in substrate parameters and the usefulness of DSRR structure for reduced electrical size," PIERS Proceedings, 598-602, 2008.
16. Zhao, H. and T. J. Cui, "A double-spiral resonator structure to realize left-handed material with lower resonant frequency," Microw. Opt. Tecnol. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 5, 923-926, 2006.
17. Alici, K. B., F. Bilotti, L. Vegni, and E. Ozbay, "Miniaturized negative permeability materials," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 91, 071121(1)-(3), 2007.
18. Wu, B., B. Li, T. Su, and C.-H. Liang, "Equivalent-circuit analysis and lowpass filter design of split-ring resonator DGS," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1943-1953, 2006.
19. Yao, H.-Y., L.-W. Li, Q. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Macroscopic performance analysis of metamaterials synthesized from microscopic 2-D isotropic cross split-ring resonator array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 197-217, 2005.
20. Cui, T. J., H. F. Ma, R. Liu, B. Zhao, Q. Cheng, and J. Y. Chin, "A symmetrical circuit model describing all kinds of circuit metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 63-76, 2008.
21. Aznar, F., M. Gil, J. Bonache, J. Garcıa-Garca, and F. Martin, "Metamaterial transmission lines based on broad-side coupled spiral resonators," Electron. Lett., Vol. 43, No. 9, 2007.
22. Aznar, F., J. Garcıa-Garca, M. Gil, J. Bonache, and F. Martin, "Strategies for the miniaturization of metamaterial resonators," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 5, 1263-1270, 2008.
23. Ziolkowski, R. W., "Design, fabrication, and testing of double negative metamaterials," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 7, 2003.
24. Wu, B.-I., W. Wang, J. Pacheco, X. Chen, T. Grzegorczyk, and J. A. Kong, "A study of using metamaterials as antenna substrate to enhance gain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 295-328, 2005.
25. Ekmekci, E. and G. Turhan-Sayan, "Reducing the electrical size of magnetic metamaterial resonators by geometrical modifications: A comparative study for single-sided and double-sided multiple SRR, spiral and U-spiral resonators," IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 2008.