A problem of electromagnetic fields excitation by a system of finite-dimensional material bodies in two arbitrary electrodynamic volumes coupled by holes, cut in a common boundary of the volumes, is defined in a rigorous formulation. For the system containing two material bodies and one coupling hole, the problem is reduced to a system of two-dimensional integral equations relative to surface electric currents on the material bodies and equivalent magnetic current in the coupling hole. The resulting integral equations are correctly transformed to a system of one-dimensional equations for currents in a narrow slot and on thin impedance vibrators, which may have irregular electrophysical and geometrical parameters. The resulting equations system for a transverse slot in a broad wall of a rectangular waveguide and impedance vibrators with variable surface impedance is solved by a generalized method of induced electro-magneto-motive forces (EMMF) under assumption that interaction between the vibrators and the slot is absent. Calculated and experimental plots of electrodynamic characteristics for this vibrator-slot structure are presented.
Dmitriy Yu. Penkin,
Sergey L. Berdnik,
Victor A. Katrich,
Victor I. Kijko,
"Electromagnetic Fields Excitation by a Multielement Vibrator-Slot Structures in Coupled Electrodynamics Volumes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 49, 235-252, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERB13012702
3. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, "Analytical and Hybrid Methods in Theory of Slot-hole Coupling of Electrodynamic Volumes," Springer Science + Business Media, New York, 2008.
4. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, Thin Impedance Vibrators. Theory and Applications, Springer Science + Business Media, New York, 2011. doi:10.1007/978-1-4419-7850-9
5. Butler, C. M. and K. R. Umashankar, "Electromagnetic excitation of a wire through an aperture-perforated conducting screen," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 24, 456-462, 1976. doi:10.1109/TAP.1976.1141374
6. Harrington, R. F., "Resonant behavior of a small aperture backed by a conducting body," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 30, 205-212, 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142761
7. Halpern, B. M. and P. E. Mayes, "The monopole slot as a two-port diversity antenna for UHF land-mobile radio systems," IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technol., Vol. 33, 76-83, 1984. doi:10.1109/T-VT.1984.23990
8. Hsi, S. W., R. F. Harrington, J. R. Mautz, "Electromagnetic coupling to a conducting wire behind an aperture of arbitrary size and shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 33, 581-587, 1985. doi:10.1109/TAP.1985.1143628
9. Yang, S. and V. F. Fusko, "Steered coupled-cavity-backed Hertzian dipole array," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 47, 2049-2051, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.795086
10. Wongsan, R., C. Phongcharoenpanich, M. Krairiksh, and J.-I. Takada, "Impedance characteristic analysis of an axial slot antenna on a sectoral cylindrical cavity excited by a probe using method of moments," IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, Vol. E86-A, 1364-1373, 2003.
11. Park, S., J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Simple analysis of a slot Simple analysis of a slot only the axial uniform currents on the post surface," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E86-B, 2482-2487, 2003.
12. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, S. L. Berdnik, and V. I. Kijko, "Combined vibrator-slot structures in electrodynamic volumes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 37, 237-256, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERB11101008
13. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, D. Y. Penkin, S. L. Berdnik, and V. I. Kijko, "Electromagnetic waves scattering and radiation by vibrator-slot structure in a rectangular waveguide," Progress n Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 24, 69-84, 2012.
14. King, R. W. P. and G. H. Owyang, "The slot antenna with coupled dipoles," IRE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 8, 136-143, 1960. doi:10.1109/TAP.1960.1144818
15. Papierz, A. B., S. M. Sanzgiri, and S. R. Laxpati, "Analysis of antenna structure with equal E- and H-plane patterns," Proc. IEE, Vol. 124, 25-30, 1977.
16. Ito, K., N. Aizawa, and N. Goto, "Circularly polarized printed array antennas composed of strips and slots," Electron. Lett., Vol. 15, 811-812, 1979. doi:10.1049/el:19790576
17. Morioka, T. and K. Hirasawa, "Reduction of coupling between two wire antennas using a slot," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E80-B, 699-705, 1997.
18. Morioka, T., K. Komiyama, and K. Hirasawa, "Effects of a parasitic wire on coupling between two slot antennas," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E84-B, 2597-2603, 2001.
19. Zhang, M., Z. X. Shen, and Y. L. Guan, "Dual-feed cavity-backed slot antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 1, 13-23, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310790322064
20. Wang, C.-J. and Y. Dai, "Studies of power-combining of open slot antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 423-437, 2011.
21. Nesterenko, M. V., "Analytical methods in the theory of thin impedance vibrators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 21, 299-328, 2010.
22. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguides coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 101-129, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05060902
23. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, S. L. Berdnik, Y. M. Penkin, and V. M. Dakhov, "Application of the generalized method of induced EMF for investigation of characteristics of thin impedance vibrators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 26, 149-178, , 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10052902