The calculation method for electromagnetic field scattered by antenna placed inside nose dielectric radome is proposed. To obtain the radiation characteristics, we use the calculation method for field generated by radiation aperture given that an arbitrary system of scatterers (particularly, radome) exists in its vicinity. Also, the method for calculating radiation characteristics of antenna system with the same radomes is obtained. Considered numerical results tell us that influence of radome on radiation characteristics can be reduced to minimum for any radome type. Besides, the radome can reduce the radar visibility of antenna system outside of its operating frequency range.
Sergey V. Nechitaylo,
"Scattering and Radiation Characteristics of Antenna Systems Under Nose Dielectric Radomes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 76, 141-157, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERB17032208
1. Kozakoff, D. J., Analysis of Radome-Enclosed Antennas, 2nd Ed., 294, Artech House, Inc., 2010.
2. Kaplun, V. A., "Radomes of microwave antennas," Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow, 1974 (in Russian).
3. Kaplun, V. A. and V. M. Zelenkevich, "Introduction to computer-aided design of microwave antenna radomes," Radiotechnika i Electronika (USSR), Vol. 42, No. 2, 89-93, 1987 (in Russian).
4. Zamyatin, V. I. and O. I. Sukharevsky, "The backscattering of reflector antenna with dielectric envelope from side source waves," Antenny, Issure 37, Radio I Svyaz, 78-87, 1990 (in Russian).
5. Mikhailov, G. D., S. N. Kutischev, and O. E. Kiryanov, "Radar cross-section of reflector antenna with dielectric radome," Izvestiya vuzov. Radiophysika, No. XLII, 879-885, 1999 (in Russian).
6. Lansink Rotgerink, J., H. van der Ven, T. Voigt, E. Jehamy, M. Schick, and H. Schippers, "Modelling of effects of nose radomes on radar antenna performance," 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, 2016.
7. Liu, S., H. Zhou, C. Ding, and L. Song, "Electrical properties analysis of conical radome," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband (ICUWB), 1-4, 2016.
8. Mrdakovic, B. L. and B. M. Kolundzija, "A method for full wave analysis of electrically large transparent radomes," 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI), 1331-1332, 2016. doi:10.1109/APS.2016.7696373
9. Sheret, T., C. Parini, and B. Allen, "Efficient design of a radome for minimized transmission loss," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 15, 1662-1666, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.0041
10. Rim, J.-W., I.-S. Koh, and K. S. Choi, "IPO analysis of performance of arbitrary shaped radome," 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, 2016.
11. Nair, R. U., M. Suprava, and R. M. Jha, "Graded dielectric inhomogeneous streamlined radome for airborne applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 11, 862-863, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.0462
12. Kim, J. H., Y. B. Park, and S.-C. Song, "Electromagnetic analysis of a tangent-ogive dielectric radome with a metallic cap," 2015 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT), 367-368, 2016.
13. Dwivedi, S. and V. Mishra, "Numerical analysis for directivity improvement of radome structure," 2013 IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC), 1-2, 2013.
14. Borovikov, V. A. and B. Y. Kinber, Geometrical Theory of Diffraction, IEE, UK, 1994. doi:10.1049/PBEW037E
15. Sukharevsky, I. V. and S. E. Vashinski, "About the stationary phase points and caustic influence on lateral radiation of antenna systems with radomes," MMET-98, Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, 537-539, Kharkov, 1998.
16. Sukharevsky, O. I., et al., Electromagnetic Wave Scattering by Aerial and Ground Radar Objects, 332, O. I. Sukharevsky (ed.), CRC Press, 2014.
17. Rosloniec, S., Fundamental Numerical Methods for Electrical Engineering, Springer Science & Business Media, 2008.