An efficient hybrid method is presented to obtain the current distribution of both non-uniformly linear and planar arrays By sampling the array factor of a desired radiation pattern, the proposed method provide Fourier coefficients and uses the Least Mean Square method (LMS) to solve the system of equations in order to obtain current distribution in associate with the desired radiation pattern. Obtained side lobe level is 3 dB lower than conventional methods such as LMS method or Legendre function method.
"Amplitude Distribution Synthesize of Unequally Linear and Planar Spaced Arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 24, 303-315, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10061608
1. Murthy, P. K., Synthesis of antenna arrays, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Electrical communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, September, 1974.
2. Xu, Z., H. Li, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Pattern synthesis of conformal antenna array by the hybrid genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 75-90, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07091901
3. Gajardo-Silva, G. and L. Landesa, "The synthesis of complex angle zeros for on board antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 369-380, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07120303
4. Li, W. T., X. W. Shi, and L. Xu, "Improved GA and PSO culled hybrid algorithm for antenna pattern array synthesis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 461-476, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07121503
5. Guney, K. and 79, "Interference suppression of linear antenna arrays by amplitude-only control using a bacterial foraging algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 475-497, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07110705
6. Akdagli, A. A., K. Guney, and D. Karaboga, "Touring antcolony optimization algorithm for shaped-beam pattern synthesis of linear antenna," Electromagnetics, Vol. 26, No. 8, 615-628, December, 2006. doi:10.1080/02726340600978349
7. Vescovo, R., "Antenna array pattern synthesis by optimization of weighted distance," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 1, 37-54, 2005. doi:10.1163/1569393052955099
8. Unz, H., "Linear arrays with arbitrarily distributed elements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 8, 222-223, March, 1960.
9. Harrington, R. F., "Side lobe reduction by non uniform element spacing," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 9, 187, March, 1961.
10. Ishimaru, A., "Theory of unequally-spaced arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 10, 691-702, Nov., 1962.
11. Skolnik, M. I., G. Nemhauser, and J. W. Sherman III, "Dynamic programming applied to unequally spaced arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 12, 35-43, January, 1964. doi:10.1109/TAP.1964.1138163
12. Hejres, J. A. and A. Peng, "Null steering in a large antenna array using the elements positions of the subarray," Proceedings of ISAP2007, Niigata, Japan, 2007.
13. Li, W. T., L. Xu, and X. W. Shi, "A hybrid of genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization for antenna design," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2008.
14. Kadri, B., M. Boussahla, and F. T. Bendimerad, "Phase-only planar antenna array synthesis with fuzzy genetic algorithms," IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 7, Issue 1, No. 2, January, 2010.
15. Md Tan, M. N., T. A. Rahman, S. K. A. Rahim, M. T. Ali1, and M. F. Jamlos, "Elements reduction using unequal spacing technique for linear array antenna," PIERS Proceedings, 568-572, Xi'an, China, March 22--26, 2010.
16. Kumar, B. P. and G. R. Branner, "Design of unequally spaced arrays for performance improvement," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 3, March, 1999. doi:10.1109/8.768787
17. Kazemi, S., H. R. Hassani, G. R. Dadashzadeh, and F. Geran, "Performance improvement in amplitude synthesis of unequally spaced array using least mean square method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 135-145, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07103002
18. Kazemi, S., F. Keshmiri, and H. R. Hassani, "Amplitude distribution synthesize of unequally spaced arrays," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8/9, 987-997, 2009.
19. Kumar, B. P. and G. R. Branner, "Generalized analytical technique for the synthesis of unequally spaced arrays with linear,planar, cylindrical or spherical geometry," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 2, 621-634, February, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.841324