A new canonical scattering problem consisting of the propagation of the dominant TEM mode at the finite-length impedance discontinuity in the outer conductor of a coaxial waveguide is solved. The contributions from the successive impedance discontinuities are accounted for through the solution of a modified Wiener-Hopf equation. Some graphical results displaying the reflection and transmission characteristic are presented.
"Wiener-Hopf Analysis of Finite-Length Impedance Loading in the Outer Conductor of a Coaxial Waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 5, 241-251, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08022203
1. Somlo, P. I., "The computation of coaxial line step capacitances," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 15, 48-53, 1967. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1967.1126368
2. Gwarek, W. K., "Computer-aided analysis of arbitrarily shaped coaxial discontinuities," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 36, 337-342, 1988. doi:10.1109/22.3523
3. Orfanidis, A. P., G. A. Kyriacou, and J. N. Sahalos, "A modematching technique for the study of circular and coaxial waveguide discontinuities based on closed-form coupling integrals," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 48, 880-883, 2000. doi:10.1109/22.841894
4. Yu, W., R. Mittra, and S. Dey, "Application of the nonuniform FDTD technique to analysis of coaxial discontinuity structures," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 49, 207-209, 2001. doi:10.1109/22.900011
5. Vijayaraghayan, S. and R. K. Arora, "Scattering of a shielded surface wave in a coaxial waveguide by a wall impedance discontinuity," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theo. Tech., Vol. 19, 736-739, 1971. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1971.1127618
6. Bobrovnikov, M. S., "Diffraction of electromagnetic waves at a surface impedance discontinuity in a coaxial waveguide," Soviet Physics Journal (Izvestiya Vuz. Fizika), Vol. 9, No. 2, 4-6, 1966. doi:10.1007/BF00818060
7. Buyukaksoy, A., I. H. Tayyar, F. Hacıvelioglu, and G. Uzgoren, "The coupling of perfectly conducting and impedance coaxial waveguides," Proc. International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications, ICEAA-2007, 649-652, Torino, Italy, September 17-21 2007.