This paper mainly deals with the channel diversity and the effect of spatial consistency parameters for different millimeter wave (mmWave) bands (28, 38 and 73 GHz) according to the channel parameters of the NYUSIM model. Statistical analyses are performed for various spatial consistency scenarios in an urban microcell (UMi) environment. Most of the recent analyses ignored the effect of adjusting the spatial consistency parameters on the 5G mmWave channel characteristics, including path loss (PL), received power, and path loss exponent (PLE). As a result, we have analyzed the effect of each parameter mentioned above for both directional power delay profile (DPDP) and omnidirectional power delay profile (OPDP). Numerical results illustrate how the characteristics of mmWave channels communication can be affected by changing the spatial consistency parameters.
2. Ju, S. and T. S. Rappaport, "Millimeter-wave extended NYUSIM channel model for spatial consistency," 2018 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 1-6, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Dec. 2018.
3. Ju, S., O. Kanhere, Y. Xing, and T. S. Rappaport, "A millimeter-wave channel simulator NYUSIM with spatial consistency and human blockage," 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 1-6, Hawaii, USA, Dec. 2019.
4. Ju, S., Y. Xing, O. Kanhere, and T. S. Rappaport, "Millimeter wave and sub-terahertz spatial statistical channel model for an indoor office building," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special Issue on TeraHertz Communications and Networking, 1-15, Second Quarter 2021.
5. Ju, S., Y. Xing, O. Kanhere, and T. S. Rappaport, "3-D statistical indoor channel model for millimeter-wave and sub-terahertz bands," 2020 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 1-7, Dec. 2020.
6. Zaman, K. and M. M. Mowla, "A millimeter wave channel modeling with spatial consistency in 5G systems," 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), 1584-1587, 2020.
7. Docomo, N. T. T., "5G channel model for bands up to 100 GHz," Tech. Report, Oct. 2016.
8. Peter, M., et al., "Measurement results and final mmMAGIC channel models," Deliverable D2, Vol. 2, 12, 2017.
9. METIS2020, "METIS channel model," Tech. Report, Deliverable D1.4 v3, Jul. 2015.
10. Maltsev, A., et al., "WP5: Propagation, antennas and multiantenna techniques — D5.1: Channel modeling and characterization," Millim.-Wave Evol. Backhaul Access (MiWEBA), Jun. 2014.
11. 3GPP, Technical specification group radio access network; study on channel model for frequencies from 0.5 to 100 GHz (Release 14), 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), TR 38.901 V14.2.0, Sept. 2017.
12. Nuckols, J. E., Implementation of geometrically based single-bounce models for simulation of angle-of-arrival of multipath delay components in the wireless channel simulation tools, SMRCIM and SIRCIM, Virginia Tech Library, Master of Science, 1999.
13. Rappaport, T. S., S. Y. Seidel, and K. Takamizawa, "Statistical channel impulse response models for factory and open plan building radio communicate system design," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 39, No. 5, 794-807, May 1991.
14. Karttunen, A., A. F. Molisch, S. Hur, J. Park, and C. J. Zhang, "Spatially consistent street-bystreet path loss model for 28-GHz channels in micro cell urban environments," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 16, No. 11, 7538-7550, Nov. 2017.
15. Ademaj, F. and S. Schwarz, "Spatial consistency of multipath components in a typical urban scenario," 2019 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, 2019.
16. Ademaj, F., S. Schwarz, T. Berisha, and M. Rupp, "A spatial consistency model for geometry-based stochastic channels," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 183414-183427, 2019.
17. Samimi, M. K. and T. S. Rappaport, "3-D millimeter-wave statistical channel model for 5G wireless system design," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 64, No. 7, 2207-2225, Jul. 2016.
18. Ju, S. and T. S. Rappaport, "Simulating motion — Incorporating spatial consistency into NYUSIM channel model," 2018 IEEE 88th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), 1-6, 2018.
19. Kyosti, P., et al., "WINNER II channel models," Tech. Report, European Commission, ISTWINNER, D1.1.2 V1.2, Feb. 2008.
20. Wang, Y., Z. Shi, L. Huang, Z. Yu, and C. Cao, "An extension of spatial channel model with spatial consistency," 2016 IEEE 84th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), 1-5, 2016.