1. Sievenpiper, D., Low-profile antenna, U.S. Patent 7050003, May 23, 2006.
2. Hansen, R. C., Electrically Small, Superdirective, and Superconducting Antennas, 82-89, New Jersey, 2006.
3. Hoorfar, A., "An experimental study of microstrip antennas on very high permittivity ceramic substrates and very small ground planes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 5, 838-840, May 2001.
4. Olaode, O. O., "Characterization of meander dipole antennas with a geometry based, frequency-independent lumped element model," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 346-349, 2012.
5. Ares-Pena, F. J., "Genetic algorithms in the design and optimization of antenna array patterns," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 3, 506-510, March 1999.
6. Sievenpiper, D., L. Zhang, R. F. Jimenez Broas, N. G. Alexópolous, and E. Yablonovitch, "High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces with a forbidden frequency band," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 11, November 1999.
7. Sievenpiper, D., J. Colburn, B. Fong, M. Ganz, M. Gyure, J. Lynch, J. Ottusch, and J. Visher, Artificial impedance surface, U.S. Patent 7830310, November 9, 2010.
8. Yang, F. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Reflection phase characterizations of the EBG ground plane for low profile wire antenna applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2691-2703, 2003.
9. Rahman, M. and M. Stuchly, "Wide-band microstrip patch antenna with planar PBG structure," Proc. IEEE APS Dig., Vol. 2, 486-489, 2001.
10. Tran, C. M., H. H. Ouslimani, L. Zhou, and A. C. Priou, "High impedance surfaces based antennas for high data rate communications at 40 GHz," Progress In Electromagnetic Research C, Vol. 13, 217-229, 2010.
11. Yang, F., A. Aminian, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, A low profile surface wave antenna equivalent to a vertical monopole antenna, IEEE APS Int. Symp. Dig., Vol. 2, 1939-1942, Monterey, CA, June 20-26, 2004.
12. Yang, F. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, Bent monopole antennas on EBG ground plane with reconfigurable radiation patterns, IEEE APS Int. Symp. Dig., Vol. 2, 1819-1822, Monterey, CA, June 20-26, 2004.
13. Yang, F. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Polarization dependent electromagnetic band gap (PDEBG) structures: Designs and applications ," Microwave Optical Tech. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 6, 439-444, 2004.
14. Gonzalo, R., P. Maagt, and M. Sorolla, "Enhanced patch-antenna performance by suppressing surface waves using photonic-bandgap substrates," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 2131-2138, 1999.
15. Tavallaee, A. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, A novel strategy for broadband and miniaturized EBG designs: Hybrid MTL theory and PSO algorithm , IEEE APS Int. Symp. Dig., 161-164, June 2007.
16. Cheng, H. R. and Q. Y. Song, "Design of a novel EBG structure and its application in fractal microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 11, 81-90, 2009.
17. Rahmat-Samii, Y. and H. Mosallaei, Electromagnetic band-gap structures: Classification, characterization and applications, Proceedings of IEE-ICAP Symposium, 560-564.
18. Qu, D., L. Shafai, and A. Foroozesh, "Improving microstrip patch antenna performance using EBG substrates," IEE Proc. Microwaves, Antennas Propagation, Vol. 153, No. 6, 558-563, 2006.
19. Kildal, P.-S., "Artificially soft and hard surfaces in electromagnetics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 38, No. 10, 1537-1544, 1990.
20. De Maagt, P., R. Gonzalo, Y. C. Vardaxoglou, and J.-M. Baracco, "Electromagnetic band gap antennas and components for microwave and (sub) millimeter wave applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2667-2677, 2003.
21. Azad, M. Z. and M. Ali, "Novel wideband directional dipole antenna on a mushroom like EBG structure," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 56, 1242-1250, May 2008.
22. Yang, F. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, Electromagnetic Band Gap Structures in Antenna Engineering, Chapter 3, 59-61, 2009.
23. Zhao, Y., Y. Hao, and C. G. Parini, "Radiation properties of PIFA on electromagnetic bandgap substrates," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 44, No. 1, January 5, 2005.
24. Fogiel, M. and J. J. Molitoris, The Physics Problem Solver, Université de l'État de Pennsylvanie, 2000.
25. Ghosh, S., T.-N. Tran, and T. Le-Ngoc, A dual-layer EBG-based miniaturized patch multi-antenna structure, IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI), 1828-1831, July 2011.
26. Azarbar, A. and J. Ghalibafan, "A compact low-permittivity dual-layer EBG structure for mutual coupling reduction," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2011, Article ID 237454, June 2011.
27. Boisbouvier, N., A. Louzir, F. Le Bolzer, A.-C. Tarot, and K. Mahdjoubi, A double layer EBG structure for slot-line printed devices, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium , Vol. 4, 3553-3556, June 2004.
28. Zhang, L.-J., C.-H. Liang, L. Liang, and L. Chen, "A novel design approach for dual-band electromagnetic band-gap structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 4, 81-91, 2008.
29. Yang, L., M. Fan, F. Chen, J. She, and Z. Feng, "A novel compact electromagnetic-bandgap (EBG) structure and its applications for microwave circuits," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 1, January 2005.
30. Sievenpiper, D. F., High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces, Ph.D. Dissertation at University of California, Chapter 3, 28-30, Los Angeles, 1999 .