This paper presents the application of using the macromodels for modeling the interconnections in some fairly complex digital high speed circuits. The analysis which is based on a time domain full wave approach, deals with signal integrity. The results of this simulation are compared with measurements, and sources of error are discussed.
1. Achar, R. and M. S. Nakhla, "Simulation of high-speed interconnects," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 89, No. 5, 693-728, May 2001. doi:10.1109/5.929650
2. Paul, C. R., Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2006.
3. Golestani-Rad, L. and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "Reconfiguration of personal computers' internal equipment for improved protection against penetrating EM pulses," J. of Electromagn. waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 5, 677-688, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776137773
4. Golestani-Rad, L. and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "Rigorous analysis of EM-wave penetration into a typical room using FDTD method: The transfer function concept," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 7, 913-926, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776149851
5. Kung, F. and H.-T. Chuah, "A finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) software for simulation of printed circuit board (PCB) assembly," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 50, 299-335, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04071401
6. Piket-May, M. J., A. Taflove, and J. Baron, "FD-TD modeling of digital signal propagation in 3-D circuits with passive and active loads," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 42, No. 8, 1514-1523, 1994. doi:10.1109/22.297814
7. Gwarek, W. K. and M. Celuch-Marcysiak, "Wide-band Sparameter extraction from FD-TD simulations for propagating and evanescent modes in inhomogeneous guides," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 51, 1920-1928, 2003. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2003.815265
8. Gustavsen, B. and A. Semlyen, "Rational approximation of frequency domain responses by vector fitting," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 14, 1052-1061, 1999. doi:10.1109/61.772353
9. Chen, C. T., Linear Systems Theory and Design, Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, 1984.
10. Luebbers, R. J. and H. S. Langdon, "A simple feed model that reduces time steps needed for FDTD analysis of antenna and microstrip calculations," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, 1000-1005, 1996. doi:10.1109/8.504308
11. Sheen, D. M., S. M. Ali, M. D. Abouzahra, and J. A. Kong, "Application of the three-dimensional finite-difference timedomain method to the analysis of planar microstrip circuits," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 38, 849-857, 1990. doi:10.1109/22.55775
12. Grivet-Talocia, S., "Passivity enforcement via perturbation of Hamiltonian matrices," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems, Vol. 51, 1755-1769, 2004.
13. Lamecki, A. and M. Mrozowski, "Equivalent SPICE circuits with guaranteed passivity from nonpassive models," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 55, 526-532, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.890520
14. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, Artech House, Boston, MA, 2005.