In this paper, we report the possibilities to apply photon sieve principle to binary diffractive lens in millimeter wave band. The FDTD simulation showing the idea of the photon sieve application to millimeter wave optics does not allow increasing resolution power, due to the small number of holes in the FZP aperture. But such simulation results may be used in simple computational experiments in millimeter wave which allows obtaining insight into physical systems characterized by nanometric objects because D/f and D/λ are almost the same.
1. Fresnel, A., Oeuvres d'Augustin Fresnel, Vol. 1, 365-372, 1866.
2. Soret, , J. L., Annalen der Physic Und Chemie, Vol. 156, 99-113, 1875.
3. Kipp, L., M. Skibowski, R. L. Johnson, R. Berndt, R. Adelung, S. Harm, and R. Seemann, "Sharper images by focusing soft x-rays with photon sieves," Nature, Vol. 414, 184, 2001. doi:10.1038/35102526
4. Sobel, F., F. Wentworth, and J. Wiltse, "Quasi-optical surface waveguide and other components for the 100- to 300Gc region," IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 9, 512-518, 1961. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1961.1125382
5. Hristov, H. D., "Fresnel Zones in Wireless Links, Zone Plate Lensesand Antennas," Artech House, 2000.
6. Wiltse, J. C., "Zone plate designs for terahertz frequencies," Terahertz for Military and Security Applications III, Proceeding of SPIE , 167-179, 2005. doi:10.1117/12.602657
7. Minin, I. and O. Minin, Diffractional Optics of Millimeter Waves, Institute of Physics, Bristol, UK, 2004. doi:10.1201/9781420034486
8. Minin, I. V. and O. V. Minin, "Basic principles of fresnel antenna arrays," Lecture Notes Electrical Engineering, Vol. 19, 213, 2008. doi:ISBN: 978-3-540-79558-2
9. Minin, I. V. and O. V. Minin, "Reference phase in diffractive lens antennas: A review," J. Infrared Milli Terahz Waves, Vol. 32, 801-822, 2011. doi:10.1007/s10762-011-9786-5
11. Yee, K. S., "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 14, No. 3, 302-307, 1966.
12. Minin, I. V., O. V. Minin, and D. O. Golodnikov, "Simple free-space method for measurement of dielectric constant by means of di®ractive optics with new capabilities," 8th International Conference on Actual Problems of Electronic Instrument Engineering, APEIE'06, Vol. 1, 84-89, 2006.