In this work, a diversity antenna with a high level of isolation is presented in this paper. To make the antenna compact, the radiating parts are arranged on opposing sides of the substrate. The isolation between the ports is sufficient for the use of a MIMO system, which is achieved through the orthogonal positioning of radiating elements. Wideband and narrowband antennas are placed on opposite sides of the substrate. The suggested monopole antenna has an impedance bandwidth of 3.1 GHz to 14.9 GHz, whereas the rectangular narrowband antenna has an impedance bandwidth of 5.4 GHz to 5.62 GHz. More than 16 dB of isolation exists between the two ports. The proposed antenna has a maximum gain of 2.9 dB. The diversity nature of the proposed MIMO antenna is studied in terms of Envelope Correlation Coefficient (ECC), Diversity Gain (DG), and Total Active Reflection Coefficient (TARC).
2. Chandel, R., A. K. Gautam, and K. Rambabu, "Tapered fed compact UWB MIMO-diversity antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 66, No. 4, 1677-1684, Apr. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2018.2803134.
3. Iqbal, A., O. A. Saraereh, A. W. Ahmad, and S. Bashir, "Mutual coupling reduction using F-shaped stubs in UWB-MIMO antenna," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 2755-2759, 2018, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2785232.
4. Ren, J., W. Hu, Y. Yin, and R. Fan, "Compact printed MIMO antenna for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1517-1520, 2014, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2014.2343454.
5. Liu, L., S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Compact MIMO antenna for portable devices in UWB applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 8, 4257-4264, Aug. 2013, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2013.2263277.
6. Koohestani, M., A. A. Moreira, and A. K. Skrivervik, "A novel compact CPW-fed polarization diversity ultrawideband antenna," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 563-566, 2014, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2014.2312730.
7. Su, S.-W., C.-T. Lee, and F.-S. Chang, "Printed MIMO-antenna system using neutralization-line technique for wireless USB-Dongle applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 2, 456-463, Feb. 2012, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2011.2173450.
8. Li, Z., Z. Du, M. Takahashi, K. Saito, and K. Ito, "Reducing mutual coupling of MIMO antennas with parasitic elements for mobile terminals," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 2, 473-481, Feb. 2012, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2011.2173432.
9. Deng, J.-Y., L.-X. Guo, and X.-L. Liu, "An ultrawideband MIMO antenna with a high isolation," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 182-185, 2016, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2015.2437713.
10. Lee, J.-M., K.-B. Kim, H.-K. Ryu, and J.-M. Woo, "A compact ultrawideband MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejected operation for mobile devices," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 990-993, 2012, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2012.2214431.
11. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "A simple ultrawideband planar rectangular printed antenna with band dispensation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 1, 27-34, Jan. 2010, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2009.2036279.