A novel compact dual-band bandpass filter with wide stopband using stub-loaded stepped-impedance resonators is presented in this paper. The characteristics of the dual-mode resonator are investigated by using even/odd mode analysis. The center frequencies and bandwidths of the two passbands can be controlled by adjusting the geometric dimensions of the stub-loaded stepped-impedance resonators. Moreover, the filter has been implemented with five transmission zeros to improve the selectivity. A prototype of a dual-band bandpass filter centered at 3 and 4.35 GHz has been designed and fabricated. The measured bandwidths are 8.3 and 4.6%, and the corresponding insertion losses are 1.7 and 1.6 dB, respectively. A compact dual-band bandpass filter with sharp roll-off rate of 113.3/56.7/56.7/170 dB/GHz, wide stopband of 5.3 GHz, and isolation between two passbands of 25 dB is achieved. The measured results are in good agreement with the simulated ones.
1. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications," Wiley, 2001.
2. Tsai, L. C. and C. W. Huse, "Dual-band bandpass filters using equal-length coupled-serial-shunted lines and Z-transform techniques," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1111-1117, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.825680
3. Chen, F. C., Q. X. Chu, Z. H. Li, and X. H. Wu, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter with controllable bandwidths using stub-loaded multiple-mode resonator," IET Proc. Microw., Antennas Propag., Vol. 6, No. 10, 1172-1178, 2012. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2011.0523
4. Lin, K. C., C. F. Chang, M. C.Wu, and S. J. Chung, "Dual-bandpass filters with serial configuration using LTCC technology," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 6, 2321-2328, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.875267
5. Lee, J. and Y. Lim, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter with good frequency selectivity," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 25, 1376-1377, 2011. doi:10.1049/el.2011.2702
6. Wei, X. B., Y. Shi, and P. Wang, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter with improved stopband characteristics," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 12, 704-705, 2012. doi:10.1049/el.2012.1107
7. Zhang, X. Y. and Q. Xue, "Novel dual-mode dual-band bandpass filters using coplanar waveguide fed ring resonators," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2183-2190, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.906501
8. Chen, C. H. and C. H. Huang, "Highly miniaturized multi-band bandpass filter design based on a stacked spiral resonator structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 5, 1278-1286, 2012. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2012.2187797
9. Chang, W. S. and C. Y. Chang, "Analytical design of microstrip short-circuit terminated stepped-impedance resonator dual-band filter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 7, 1730-1739, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2011.2132140
10. Singh, V., V. K. Killamsetty, and B. Mukherjee, "Compact dual-band BPF with wide stopband using stub-loaded spiral stepped-impedance resonator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 22, 1860-1862, 2013. doi:10.1049/el.2016.2838
11. Chu, Q. X. and H. Wang, "A compact open-loop filter mixed electric and magnetic coupling," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 56, No. 2, 431-439, 2008. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.914642
12. Zhang, X. Y., J. X. Chen, Q. Xue, and S. M. Li, "Dual-band filter using stub-loaded resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 8, 583-585, 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2007.901768
13. Tsai, C. M., S. Y. Lee, and C. C. Tsai, "Performance of a planar filter using a 0◦ feed structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 10, 2362-2367, 2002. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.803421
14. Chen, C. F., T. Y. Huang, and R. B. Wu, "Design of dual- and triple-passband filters using alternately cascaded multiband resonators," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 9, 3550-3558, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.880653
16. Sun, S. J., L. Lin, B. Wu, K. Deng, and C.-H. Liang, "A novel quad-mode resonator and its application to dual-band bandpass filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 43, 95-104, 2013.
17. Fu, W., Z. M. Li, P. Z. Liu, J. W. Cheng, and X. Qiu, "Modeling and analysis of novel CSRRs-loaded dual-band bandpass SIW filters," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Exp. Briefs, Vol. 68, No. 7, 2352-2356, 2021. doi:10.1109/TCSII.2021.3052574
18. Lahmissi, A. and M. Challal, "Design and analysis of a compact dual-band bandpass lter using V- and W-shaped microstrip open lines," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 61, 920-925, 2019. doi:10.1002/mop.31653
19. Liu, H. W., P. Wen, Y. L. Zhao, B. P. Ren, X. M. Wang, and X. H. Guan, "Dual-band superconducting bandpass filter using quadruple-mode resonator," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 24, No. 2, 1-4, 2014. doi:10.1109/TASC.2014.2312755
20. Xu, J., K. D. Xu, M. Zhang, and Q. Chen, "Dual-band bandpass filter using two simple coupled microstrip rings," Engineering Reports, Vol. 3, e12288, 2021. doi:10.1002/eng2.12288