For the difficulty of calculating and measuring coupling electromagnetic quantity of complex multi-cavities, a microwave chaotic double cavity model is designed, and a new method is put forward to analyze the coupling effect of the double cavities. The new method combines Random Coupling Model (RCM) and network cascade theory and can successfully predict the Probability Density Function (PDF) of the induced voltage at target point of the double cavity compared with other methods. Experiment is added to verify the effectiveness of the new method in this paper. In addition, the new method provides a new approach to analyze and predict the coupling electromagnetic quantity of the complex double cavities in practical engineering.
"Application of the Random Coupling Model to Electromagnetic Coupling Effect Analysis of Complex Double Cavity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 65, 81-87, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL16101201
1. Fan, J.-Q., J.-H. Hao, Y.-F. Gong, L.-H. Jiang, W.-Q. Yang, and B.-G. Zhang, "Shielding effectiveness of apertured cavity with obstacles," High Voltage Engineering, Vol. 41, No. 12, 4198-4206, 2015.
2. Luo, J.-W., P.-A. Du, D. Ren, and P. Xiao, "BLT equation-based approach for calculating shielding effectiveness of double layer rectangular enclosures with apertures," High Power Laser and Particle Beans, Vol. 27, No. 11, 113201, 2015.
3. Kan, Y., L.-P. Yan, X. Zhao, H.-J. Zhou, Q. Liu, and K.-M. Huang, "Electromagnetic topology based fast algorithm for shielding effectiveness estimation of multiple enclosures with apertures," Acat Physica Sinica, Vol. 65, No. 3, 030702, 2016.
4. Zheng, X., T. M. Antonsen, and E. Ott, "Statistics of impedance and scattering matrices of chaotic microwave cavities with multiple ports," Electromagnetics, Vol. 26, No. 1, 37-55, 2006. doi:10.1080/02726340500214902
5. Hemmady, S., J. T. M. Antonsen, E. Ott, and S. M. Anlage, "Statistical prediction and measurement of induced voltages on components within complicated enclosures: A wave-chaotic approach," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 54, No. 4, 758-771, 2012. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2011.2177270
6. Li, X., C. Meng, Y.-N. Liu, and S. D. Hemmady, "Experimental verification of a stochastic topology approach for high-power microwave effects," IEEE Transactions on Electronic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 1-6, 2015. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2015.2437191
7. Yan, E.-Y., F.-B. Meng, and H.-G. Ma, "Application of random coupling model to high power microwave effects," High Power Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 22, No. 3, 621-624, 2010. doi:10.3788/HPLPB20102203.0621
8. Fan, J.-Q., J.-H. Hao, and L.-H. Jiang, "Statistical characteristics of coupling effect of complex cavity based on random coupling model," High Power Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 27, No. 10, 290-296, 2015.