By attention to price of microwave components and need to use of them in many applications, the creation of an integrated component which can incorporate the performances of several components in one structure is a necessity. Therefore, in this paper a novel symmetric six-ports multi-functional microwave component is designed and realized. The proposed component consists of two modified half mode substrates integrated waveguide couplers which are joined and a slot which is attained from joined two mentioned couplers. Despite the slot prevents the exciting of higher order modes in proposed component, it divides signal in two parts by exciting middle SIW ports. By exciting each of the ports as input, the component can act as an equal and an unequal 90-degree couplers or power dividers. The proposed component with mentioned conditions covers 23.5% frequency bandwidth with maximum magnitude and phase error of ±0.7 dB and ±0.63 degree, respectively.
"A New Multi-Functional Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide Six-Port Microwave Component," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 69, 71-78, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL17030602
1. Wu, K., D. Deslandes, and Y. Cassivi, "The substrate integratedcircuits a new concept for high-frequency electronics and optoelectronics," Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Telecommun. Modern Sat., Cable Broadcasting Service (TELSIKS), PIII-PX, 2003.
2. Sakakibara, Y. K., A. Akiyama, J. Hirokawa, M. Ando, and N. Goto, "Alternating phase-fed waveguide slot arrays with a single-layer multiple-way power divider," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., Vol. 144, 425-430, 1997.
3. Zeid, A. and H. Baudrand, "Electromagnetic scattering by metallic holes and its applications in microwave circuit design," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 4, 1198-1206, Apr. 2002. doi:10.1109/22.993425
4. Hong, W., B. Liu, Y. Q. Wang, Q. H. Lai, and K. Wu, "Half mode substrate integrated waveguide: A new guided wave structure for microwave and millimeter wave application," Proc. Joint 31st Int. Conf. Infrared Millim. Waves 14th Int. Conf. Terahertz Electron., 219, Shanghai, China, Sep. 18-22, 2006.
5. Christopher, S. and V. A. Abid Hussain, "Design aspects of compact high power multiport unequal power dividers," IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology, 1996, 63-67, Oct. 15-18, 1996.
6. Liu, B., W. Hong, Y. Q. Wang, Q. H. Lai, and K. Wu, "Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide (HMSIW) 3-dB coupler," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 1, 22-24, Jan. 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2006.887244
7. Ali, A., H. Aubert, N. Fonseca, and F. Coccetti, "Wideband two-layer SIW coupler: Design and experiment," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 13, 687-689, Jun. 18, 2009. doi:10.1049/el.2009.0464
8. Ali, A. A. M., H. B. El-Shaarawy, and H. Aubert, "Compact wideband double-layer half-mode substrate integrated waveguide 90◦ deg coupler," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 10, 598-599, May 12, 2011. doi:10.1049/el.2011.0529
9. Djerafi, T., K. Wu, and S. O. Tatu, "3 dB 90◦ hybrid quasi-optical coupler with air field slab in SIW technology," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 4, 221-223, Apr. 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2295297
10. Djerafi, T. and K. Wu, "Super-compact substrate integrated waveguide cruciform directional coupler," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 11, 757-759, Nov. 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2007.908040
11. Guan, D.-F., Z.-P. Qian, Y.-S. Zhang, and Y. Cai, "A hybrid SIW and GCPW guided-wave structure coupler," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 8, 518-520, Aug. 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2014.2321497