The existing target localization algorithms almost cannot be used to near-field target localization in Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) radar, and this paper presents a novel method. This algorithm uses Chan algorithm to obtain initial estimate of the targets. Then we define a new residual matrix and use the weighted least square (WLS) method to get a more accurate positioning result. The Fuzzy C-Means (FCM)algorithm is introduced to get more stable and accurate estimation. Furthermore, this algorithm achieves accurate positioning of the MIMO radar demonstrated by simulations.
"A Near-Field Target Localization Method for MIMO Radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 69, 93-98, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL17041603
1. Godrich, H., A. M. Haimovich, and R. S. Blum, "Cramer Rao bound on target localization estimation in MIMO radar systems," 42nd Annual Conf. Information Sciences and Systems, 134-139, Princeton, NJ, United States, March 19-21, 2008.
2. Godrich, H., A. M. Haimovich, and R. S. Blum, "A comparative study of target localization in MIMO radar systems," Waveform Diversity and Design Conference, 124-128, Kissimmee, FL, United States, February 8-13, 2009.
3. Fishler, E., A. Haimovich, R. Blum, D. Chizhik, L. Cimini, and R. Valenzuela, "MIMO radar: An idea whose time has come," Proceedings of the IEEE Radar Conference, 71-78, Philadelphia, PA, United States, April 26-29, 2004.
4. Lehmann, N. H., A. M. Haimovich, R. S. Blum, and L. Cimini, "High resolution capabilities of MIMO radar," 40th Asilomar Conf. Signals, Systems and Computers, 25-30, Pacific Grove, CA, United States, October 29-November 1, 2006.
5. Cekli, E. and H. A. Cirpan, "Unconditional maximum likelihood approach for localization of near-field sources: Algorithm and performance analysis," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 57, No. 1, 9-15, 2003. doi:10.1078/1434-8411-54100135
6. Zhang, X., L. Xu, and D. Xu, "Direction of Departure (DOD) and Direction of Arrival (DOA) estimation in MIMO radar with reduced-dimension MUSIC," IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol. 14, No. 10, 1161-1163, 2010. doi:10.1109/LCOMM.2010.102610.101581
7. Chen, J., G. Liu, and X. Sun, "Passive localization of 3D near-field cyclostationary sources using parallel factor analysis," International Journal of Antennas & Propagation, 2013 (Article ID 657653), 2013.
8. Liang, J. and D. Liu, "Passive localization of mixed near-field and far-field sources using two-stage MUSIC algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 58, No. 1, 108-120, 2010. doi:10.1109/TSP.2009.2029723
9. Meng, Y., J. Xu, Y. Huang, and J. He, "Key factors of multi-station TDOA passive location study," International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics, 220-223, 2015.
10. Zhang, J.-W., C.-L., Yu, B. Tang, and Y.-Y. Ji, "Chan location algorithm application in 3-dimension space location," 2008 ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management, 622-625, 2008.
11. Zhang, C. and Y. Gu, "Cluster analysis based and threshold based selection localization algorithm for WSN," International Conference on Electronics Information and Emergency Communication, 186-189, 2015.
12. Wang, H. and H. Guo, "Hyperbolic localization method for MIMO radar," International Radar Symposium (IRS), 880-885, 2011.
13. Yang, H. and J. Chun, "Hyperbolic localization in MIMO radar system," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 618-621, 2015. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2374603
14. Feng, J., L. C. Jiao, X. Zhang, M. Gong, and T. Sun, "Robust non-local fuzzy c-means algorithm with edge preservation for SAR image segmentation," Signal Processing, 487-499, 2013. doi:10.1016/j.sigpro.2012.08.024