This paper presents two novel substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) diplexers with transmission zeros placed below and above the passband. Diplexer I is based on two bandpass filters (BPFs) using eighth mode SIW (EMSIW) cavities with Rx and Tx frequencies at 3.68 GHz and 6.09 GHz. The second one is operated at 2.37 GHz and 6.04 GHz using EMSIW and thirty-second SIW (TMSIW) cavity. The diplexers are all combined through a T-junction by carefully choosing the length and width of two branches to allow each filter to match the antenna, while maintaining an open circuit at the middle band of the other. The proposed diplexers possess compact size, because of the EMSIW and TMSIW cavity. The diplexers are fabricated in SIW technology. The minimum insertion losses including SMA connectors are measured to be 1.39/1.61 dB and 0.38/0.85 dB. Meanwhile, the diplexers exhibit 37 dB and 42 dB isolations between the channels, respectively. Good agreement is achieved between simulated and measured results.
Guo Hui Li,
"Design of Miniaturized SIW Diplexers with Low Insertion Loss and High Isolation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 78, 53-58, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERL18070606
1. Sirci, S., J. D. Martınez, J. Vague, and V. E. Boria, "Substrate integrated waveguide diplexer based on circular triplet combline filters," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 7, 430-432, 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2015.2427516
2. Dong, Y. D. and T. Itoh, "Substrate integrated waveguide loaded by complementary split-ring resonators for miniaturized diplexer design," IEEE Microw. and Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 1, 10-12, 2011. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2010.2091263
3. Hong, W., B. Liu, Y. Q. Wang, Q. H. Lai, H. J. Tang, X. X. Yin, Y. D. Dong, Y. Zhang, and K.Wu, "Half mode substrate integrated waveguide: A new guided wave structure for microwave and millimeter wave application," 2006 Joint 31st International Conf. on Infrared Millimeter Waves and 14th International Conf. on Teraherz Electronics, 219-219, 2006.
4. Zhang, X. J., C. Y. Ma, and F. Wang, "Design of compact dual-passband LTCC filter exploiting stacked QMSIW and EMSIW," Electronics Lett., Vol. 51, No. 12, 912-914, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.0391
5. Azad, A. R. and A. Mohan, "Sixteenth-mode substrate integrated waveguide bandpass filter loaded with complementary split-ring resonator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 8, 546-547, 2017. doi:10.1049/el.2016.3620
6. Yang, Y. N., G. H. Li, L. Sun, W. Yang, and X. X. Yang, "Design of compact bandpass filters using sixteenth mode and thirty-second mode SIW cavities," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 75, 61-66, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERL18021002
7. Li, P., H. Chu, and R. S. Chen, "Design of compact bandpass filters using quarter-mode and eighth-mode SIW cavities," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Technol., Vol. 7, No. 6, 956-963, 2017. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2017.2677958
8. Hagag, M. F., M. A. Khater, M. D. Hickle, and D. Peroulis, "Tunable SIW cavity-based dual-mode diplexers with various single-ended and balanced ports," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 66, No. 3, 1238-1248, 2018. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2017.2777978
9. Xue, Q., J. Shi, and J. X. Chen, "Unbalanced-to-balanced and balanced-to-unbalanced diplexer with high selectivity and common-mode suppression," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 11, 2848-2855, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2011.2165960
10. Chuang, M. L. and M. T. Wu, "Microstrip diplexer design using common T-shaped resonator," IEEE Microw. and Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 11, 583-585, 2011. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2011.2168949