An eight-way waveguide-based power combiner/divider is presented and investigated in the frequency range 7.5-10.5 GHz. A simple approach is proposed for design purposes. The measured combiner shows a good agreement between the simulated and measured results. Insertion loss is about -0.3 dB, return loss is less than -15 dB and isolation between adjacent output ports is better than -11 dB at 8.5 GHz and reaches about -14 dB at 9.5 GHz.
2. Dong, Y., S.-W. Dong, and Y. Wang, "A 60 GHz solid-state power combining system," 2012 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Millimeter Wave Wireless Technology and Applications (IMWS), 1-4, Nanjing, China, Sep. 18-20, 2012.
3. Russell, K., "Microwave power combining techniques," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 27, 472-478, 1979.
4. Chang, K. and C. Sun, "Millimeter-wave power-combining techniques," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 31, No. 2, 91-107, 1983.
5. Villiers, D. I. L., P. W. Walt, and P. Meyer, "Design of a ten-way conical transmission line power combiner," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, 302-308, 2007.
6. Song, K., Y. Fan, and Z. He, "Broadband radial waveguide spatial combiner," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, 73-75, 2008.
7. Jia, P. C., L. Y. Chen, A. Alexanian, and R. A. York, "Multioctave spatial power combining in oversized coaxial waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, 1355-1360, 2002.
8. Cheng, N. S., P. Jia, D. B. Rensch, and R. A. York, "A 120-W X-band spatially combined solid-state amplifier," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 12, 2557-2561, 1999.
9. Fathy, A. E., S. W. Lee, and D. Kalokitis, "A simplified design approach for radial power combiners," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 1, 247-255, 2006.
10. Belohoubek, E., R. Brown, H. Johnson, A. Fathy, D. Bechtle, D. Kalokitis, and E. Mykietyn, "30-way radial power combiner for miniature GaAs FET power amplifiers," 1986 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 86, 515-518, Jun. 1986.
11. Franco, S. and B. Marina, Solid-state Microwave High-power Amplifiers, 1st Ed., Artech House, London, UK, 2009.
12. Tang, W. and X. B. Yang, "Design of Ka-band probe transitions," IEEE International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD), 25-28, Sydney, NSW, Dec. 11-16, 2011.