In this paper, a multiband circularly polarized capacitive coupled stacked microstrip antenna is proposed. The multiband circular polarization (CP) is achieved by corner truncation, embedding slits and inclined slots on a three layered antenna structure. The proposed antenna also shows wideband behavior with an impedance bandwidth of 52.13% in the frequency range of 4.85 GHz to 8.27 GHz, while 3 dB axial ratio bandwidths in five CP bands are 0.51%, 4.54%, 0.33%, 0.83% and 1.29% in the frequency range of 5.12 GHz to 5.15 GHz, 5.45 GHz to 5.70 GHz, 5.90 GHz to 5.92 GHz, 6.25 GHz to 6.31 GHz and 7.68 GHz to 7.78 GHz, respectively. The antenna prototype is fabricated, and simulated results as axial ratio, radiation pattern and the reflection coefficient are validated with measured result.
2. Woung, K. L. and T. W. Chiou, "Broadband single patch circularly polarized microstrip antenna with dual capacitively coupled feeds," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 1, 41-44, 2001.
3. Wu, T., H. Su, L. Gan, H. Chen, J. Huang, and H. Zhang, "A compact and broadband microstrip stacked patch antenna with CP for 2.45-GHz mobile RFID reader," IEEE Transactions Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 623-626, 2013.
4. Gautam, A. K., A. Kunwar, and B. K. Kanaujia, "Circularly polarized arrowhead-shape slotted microstrip antenna," IEEE Transactions Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 471-473, 2014.
5. Heidari, A. A., M. Heyrani, and M. Nakhkash, "A dual band circularly polarised stub loaded microstrip patch antenna for GPS applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 195-208, 2009.
6. Li, Q., F. Zhang, G. Zhang, B. Ang, and M. Liang, "A single feed dual band dual sense circularly polarized microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 51, 27-33, 2014.
7. Yim, H.-Y. A., C.-P. Kong, and K.-K. M. Cheng, "Compact circularly polarized microstrip antenna design for dual band applications," Electron. Letters, Vol. 47, No. 7, 1-2, 2006.
8. Pozar, D. M. and S. M. Duffy, "A dual band circularly polarized aperture coupled stacked microstrip antenna for global positioning satellite," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 45, No. 11, 1618-1625, 1997.
9. Zakaria, N., S. K. A. Rahim, T. S. Ooi, K. G. Reza Tan, and S. A. A. W. Ranim, "Design of stacked microstrip dual-band circular polarized antenna," Radio Engineering, Vol. 21, 875-880, 2012.
10. Lee, H. R., H. K. Ryu, S. Lim, and J. M. Woo, "A miniaturized, dual-band, circularly polarized microstrip antenna for installation into satellite mobile phones," IEEE Transactions Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 823-825, 2009.
11. Sharma, V. and M. M. Sharma, "Dual band circularly polarised modified rectangular patch antenna for wireless communication," Radio Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 1, 195-202, 2014.
12. Yuan, H. Y., J. Q. Zhang, S. B. Qu, H. Zhou, J. F. Wang, H. Ma, and Z. Xu, "Dual-band dual-polarised microstrip antenna for compass navigation satellites system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 30, 213-223, 2012.
13. Noghabaei, S. M., S. K. A. Rahim, P. J. Soh, M. Abedian, and G. A. Vandenbosch, "A dual band circularly polarised patch antenna with a novel asymmetric slot for Wi-MAX application," Radio Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 1, 291-295, 2013.
14. Rao, B. R., M. A. Smolinski, C. C. Quach, and E. N. Rosario, "Triple band GPS trap-loaded inverted L antenna array," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 38, No. 1, 35-37, 2003.
15. Doust, E. G., M. Clenet, V. Hemmati, and J. Wight, "An aperture coupled circularly polarised stacked microstrip antenna for GPS frequency bands L1, L22 L5," IEEE Transactions Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2008.
16. Liau, W., Q. Chu, and S. Du, "Tri-band circular polarized stacked microstrip antenna for GPS and CNSS applications," ICMMT Proceedings, Vol. 252, No. 255, 2010.
17. Falade, O. P., M. U. Rehman, Y. Gao, X. D. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Single feed stacked circular polarised antenna for triple band operation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 10, 4479-4484, 2012.
18. Falade, O. P., X. Chen, Y. Alfadhi, and C. Parini, "Quad band circular polarised antenna," Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), 1-4, 2012.