This paper proposes two novel broadband microstrip antennas using coplanar feed-line. By feeding the patch with a suitable shape of the coplanar line in the slot of the patch, the broadband character is achieved. Compared with the antenna fed by a U-shaped feed-line, the antenna with L-shaped feed-line not only has wider bandwidth but also achieves the circular polarization character. The measured bandwidths of 25% and 34% are achieved, and both of the antennas have good radiation characteristics in the work band.
1. Chen, H. D., "Compact broadband microstrip-line-fed sleeve monopole antenna for DTV application and ground plane effect," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 496-499, 2008.
2. Palandoken, M., A. Grede, and H. Henke, "Broadband microstrip antenna with left-handed metamaterials," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, 331-338, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.2011230
3. Ansari, J. A., P. Singh, S. K. Dubey, R. U. Khan, and B. R. Vishvakarma, "H-shaped stacked patch antenna for dual band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 291-302, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08031203
4. Islam, M. T., M. N. Shakib, and N. Misran, "Broadband E-Hshaped microstrip patch antenna for wireless systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 163-173, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09082302
8. Eldek, A. A. , A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Square slot antenna for dual wideband wireless communication systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 19, No. 12, 1571-1581, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775537366
9. Khodaei, G. F., J. Nourinia, and C. Ghobadi, "A practical miniaturized U-slot patch antenna with enhanced bandwidth," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 47-62, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07112201
10. Chair, R. , C.-L. Mak, K.-F. Lee, K.-M. Luk, and A. A. Kishk, "Miniature wide-band half U-slot and half E-shaped patch antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, 2645-2652, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.851852
11. Deshmukh, A. and G. Kumar, "Compact broadband U-slot-loaded rectangular microstrip antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 46, 556-559, 2005. doi:10.1002/mop.21049
12. Sun, J.-S. and S.-Y. Huang, "A small 3-D multi-band antenna of ``F" shape for portable phones' applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 9, 183-192, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERL09052203
13. Ansari, J. A. and R. B. Ram, "E-shaped patch symmetrically loaded with tunnel diodes for frequency agile/broadband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 29-42, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07101202
14. Shi, S. J. , L. H. Weng, Y. Y. Yang, X. Q. Chen, and X. W. Shi, "Design of wideband dissymmetric E-shaped microstrip patch antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications , Vol. 23, No. 5-6, 645-654, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309788019769
15. Kasabegoudar, V. G. and K. J. Vinoy, "A Broadband suspended microstrip antenna for circular polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 353-368, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09012901
16. Nishamol, M. S. , V. P. Sarin, D. Tony, C. K. Aanandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "A broadband microstrip antenna for Ieee802.11.a/Wimax/Hiperlan2 applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 155-161, 2010.