A high selectivity differential bandpass filter (BPF) using two pairs of dual-behavior resonators (DBRs) is proposed in this letter. A high selectivity passband for the differential mode with second harmonic suppression is achieved, by utilizing shorted coupled lines with two short stubs. For the common-mode (CM) circuit, the CM responses can be suppressed over a wide frequency band by the loaded open/shorted stubs. To validate the feasibility of the proposed filter, a planar differential BPF (3-dB fractional bandwidth 4.9%) with good CM suppression is designed and fabricated. The theoretical and measured results agree well and show good in-band filtering performances and out-of-band harmonic suppression performances.
2. Wu, C.-H., C.-H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, "Novel balanced coupled-line bandpass filters with common-mode noise suppression," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, 287-295, 2007.
3. Wu, C.-H., C.-H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, "Balanced coupled resonator bandpass filters using multisection resonators for common-mode suppression and stopband extension," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, 1756-1763, 2007.
4. Horestani, A. K., M. Dur´an-Sindreu, J. Naqui, C. Fumeaux, and F. Martın, "S-shaped complementary split ring resonators and their application to compact differential bandpass filters with common-mode suppression," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, 149-151, 2014.
5. Velez, P., J. Naqui, A. Fernandez-Prieto, M. Duran-Sindreu, J. Bonache, J. Martel, F. Medina, and F. Martin, "Differential bandpass filter with common-mode suppression based on open split-ring resonators and open complementary split ring resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 22-24, 2013.
6. Feng, W. J. and W. Q. Che, "Novel wideband differential bandpass filters based on T-shaped structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, 1560-1568, 2012.
7. Velez, P., M. Dur´an-Sindreu, J. Bonache, A. F. Prieto, J. Martel, F. Medina, and F. Martın, "Differential bandpass filters with common-mode suppression based on stepped impedance resonators (SIRs)," Proc. IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp., 1-4, Seattle, WA, USA, Jun. 2013.
8. Su, T., S.-J.Wang, Y.-L. Zhang, and Z.-P. Li, "A compact DBR filter using π-network and dual-line equivalent circuit," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 350-352, 2013.
9. Hua, C.-Z., C. Miao, and W. Wu, "A novel dual-band bandpass filter based on DBR," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, 1383-1386, 2009.
10. Quendo, C., E. Rius, A. Manchec, Y. Clavet, B. Potelon, J.-F. Favennec, and C. Person, "Planar tri-band filter based on dual behavior resonator," Proc. Eur. Microw. Conf., 269-272, Oct. 2005.
11. Srisathit, K., R. Phromloungsri, S. Patisang, and M. Chongcheawchamnan, "A new microstrip duplexer using open circuited dual-behavior resonator," Proc. Asia-Pacific Microw. Conf., Dec. 4-7, 2005.
12. Manchec, A., et al., "Ku-band microstrip diplexer based on dual behavior resonator filter," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., 525-528, Long Beach, CA, Jun. 2005.
13. Eisenstant, W. R., B. Stengel, and B. M. Thompson, Microwave Differential Circuit Design using Mixed-mode-parameters, Artech House, Boston, MA, 2006.
14. Deng, P. H. and J.-T. Tsai, "Design of microstrip cross-coupled bandpass filter with multiple independent designable transmission zeros using branch-line resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 249-251, 2013.
15. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, USA, 2001.