1. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Soviet Physics Uspekhi, Vol. 10, 509-514, 1968.
2. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, W. J. Stewart, and I. Youngs, "Extremely low frequency plasmons in metallic mesostructures," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 76, 4773-4776, 1996.
3. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Stewart, "Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, 2075-2084, 1999.
4. Smith, D. R., W. J. Padilla, D. C. Vier, S. C. Nemat-Nasser, and S. Schultz, "Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity ," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 84, 4184-4187, 2000.
5. Shelby, R. A., Smith D.R., and Schultz S., "Experimental verification of a negative index of refraction," Science, Vol. 292, 77-79, 2001.
6. Ziolkowski, R. W. and E. Heyman, "Wave propagation in media having negative permittivity and permeability," Physical Review E, Vol. 64, 056625.1-056625.15, 2001.
7. Tretyakov, S. A., "Meta-materials with wideband negative permittivity and permeability," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 31, 163-165, 2001.
8. Kong, J. A., "Electromagnetic wave interaction with stratified negative isotropic media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 35, 1-52, 2002.
9. Engheta, N., "Metamaterials with negative permittivity and permeability: Background, salient features, and new trends," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 1, 187-190, 2003.
10. Chew, W. C., "Some reflections on double negative materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 1-26, 2005.
11. Sabah, C. and S. Uckun, "Electromagnetic wave propagation through the frequency-dispersive and lossy double-negative slab," Opto-Electronics Review, Vol. 15, 133-143, 2007.
12. Sabah, C. and S. Uckun, "Scattering characteristics of the stratified double-negative stacks using the frequency dispersive cold plasma medium," Zeitschrift für Naturforschung A, Vol. 62a, 247-253, 2007.
13. Ziolkowski, R. W., "Design, fabrication, and testing of double negative metamaterials," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, 1516-1529, 2003.
14. Chen, X., T. M. Grzegorczyk, B.-I. Wu, J. Pacheco, and J. A. Kong, "Robust method to retrieve the constitutive effective parameters of metamaterials," Physical Review E, Vol. 70, 016608.1-016608.7, 2004.
15. Linden, S., C. Enkirch, M. Wegner, J. Zhou, and T. Koschny C. M. Soukoulis, "Magnetic response in metamaterials at 100 THz," Science, Vol. 306, 1351-1353, 2004.
16. Smith, D. R., D. C. Vier, T. Koschny, and C. M. Soukoulis, "Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous metamaterials," Physical Review E, Vol. 71, 036617.1-036617.11, 2005.
17. Aydin, K., K. Guven, M. Kafesaki, C. M. Soukoulis, and E. Ozbay, "Investigation of magnetic resonances for different splitring resonator parameters and designs," New Journal of Physics, Vol. 7, 168.1-168.15, 2005.
18. Engheta, N. and R. W., Ziolkowski, Metamaterials --- Physics and Engineering Explorations, Wiley --- IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, 2006.
19. Aydin, K. and E. Ozbay, "Identifying magnetic response of split-ring resonators at microwave frequencies," Opto-Electronics Review, Vol. 14, 193-199, 2006.
20. Liu, Y., N. Fang, D. Wu, C. Sun, and X. Zhang, "Symmetric and antisymmetric modes of electromagnetic resonators," Applied Physics A --- Materials Science & Processing, Vol. 87, 171-174, 2007.
21. Chen, H.-T., J. F. O'Hara, A. J. Taylor, R. D. Averitt, C. Highstrete, M. Lee, and W. J. Padilla, "Complementary planar terahertz metamaterials," Optics Express, Vol. 15, 1084-1095, 2007.
22. Gundogdu, T. F., M. Gökkavvas, K. Guven, M. Kafesaki, C. M. Soukoulis, and E. Ozbay, "Simulation and micro-fabrication of optically switchable split ring resonators," Photonics and Nanostructures --- Fundamental and Applications, Vol. 5, 106-112, 2007.
23. Sabah, C., ``Analysis, Applications, and a Novel Design of Double Negative Metamaterials'', PhD Thesis, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey, 2008.
24. Sabah, C. and S. Uckun, "Triangular split ring resonator and wire strip to form new metamaterial," Proceedings of XXIX General Assembly of the International Union of Radio Science, Chicago, Illinois, USA, August 2008.
25. Sabah, C., A. O. Cakmak, E. Ozbay, and S. Uckun, "Transmission measurement of a new metamaterial sample with negative refraction index," Physica B: Condensed Matter, Vol. 405, 2955-2958, 2010.
26. Zhu, C., C. H. Liang, and L. Chen, "A novel left-handed material composed of triangular open-loop resonators," International Workshop on Metamaterials, 188-190, November 2008.
27. Zhu, C., J.-J. Ma, L. Chen, and C.-H. Liang, "Negative index metamaterials composed of triangular open-loop resonator and wire structures," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, 2022-2025, 2009.
28. Jalali, M., T. Sedghi, and Y. Zehforoosh, "Miniaturization of waveguides dual band antenna using TSRR-WS metamaterials," International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 1, 1793-8163, 2009.
29. Jalali, M., T. Sedghi, and M. Shokri, "A novel metamaterial SRR for waveguide antenna," Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), 1-4, November 2009.
30. Vidyalakshmi, M. R. and S. Raghavan, "A CAD model of triangular split ring resonator based on equivalent circuit approach," Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC), 1-4, December 2009.
31. Sheng, Z. and V. V. Varadan, "Tuning the effective properties of metamaterials by changing the substrate properties," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 101, 014909.1-014909.7, 2007.
32. Zhao, Q., L. Kang, B. Du, B. Li, J. Zhou, H. Tang, X. Liang, and B. Zhang, "Electrically tunable negative permeability metamaterials based on nematic liquid crystals," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 90, 011112.1-011112.3, 2007.
33. Driscoll, T., G. O. Andreev, D. N. Basov, S. Palit, S. Y. Cho, N. M. Jokerst, and D. R. Smith, "Tuned permeability in terahertz split-ring resonators for devices and sensors," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 91, 062511.1-062511.3, 2007.
34. Chen, J.-Y., W.-L. Chen, J.-Y. Yeh, L.-W. Chen, and C.-C. Wang, "Comparative analysis of split-ring resonators for tunable negative permeability metamaterials based on anisotropic dielectric substrates," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 10, 25-38, 2009.
35. Wang, J., S. Qu, J. Zhang, H. Ma, Y. Yang, C. Gu, X. Wu, and Z. Xu, "A tunable left-handed metamaterial based on modified broadside-coupled split-ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 35-45, 2009.