A modified Cauchy method which generates accurate duplexer and triplexer rational models from either measurements or electromagnetic analysis is presented in this paper. The modified Cauchy method has some advantages over the conventional Cauchy method because it takes into account the relationship between the transmission coefficients of each channel filter and reflection coefficient. It is suitable for duplexer and triplexer whose channel filters are connected through resonating junction. The total least square method is used to solve the system matrix. Synthesized numerical duplexer and triplexer examples verify the method successfully.
"A Modified Cauchy Method Suitable for Duplexer and Triplexer Rational Models Extraction," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 29, 201-211, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERL11121209
1. Wang, R. and J. Xu, "Extracting coupling matrix and unloaded Q from scattering parameters of lossy filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 303-315, 2011.
2. Wang , R. , J. Xu, C. L. Wei, M.-Y. Wang, and X.-C. Zhang, "Improved extraction of coupling matrix and unloaded Q from S-parameters of lossy resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 67-81, 2011.
3. Garcia-Lamperez , A., T. K. Sarkar, and M. Salazar-Palma, "Generation of accurate rational models of lossy systems using the Cauchy method," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, No. 10, 490-492, 2004. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2004.834576
4. Macchiarella, G. and D. Traina, "A formulation of the Cauchy method suitable for the synthesis of lossless circuit models of microwave filter from lossy measurements," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, No. 5, 243-245, 2006. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2006.873583
5. Traina, D. and G. Macchiarella, "Robust formulation of the Cauchy method suitable for microwave duplexers modeling," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 55, No. 5, 974-982, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.895394
6. Peik, S. F., R. R. Mansour, and Y. L. Chow, "Multidimensional Cauchy method and adaptive sampling for an accurate microwave circuit modeling," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 46, No. 12, 2364-2371, 1998. doi:10.1109/22.739224
7. Basl, P. A. W., R. H. Gohary, M. H. Bakr, and R. Mansour, "Modeling of electromagnetic responses using a robust multidimensional Cauchy interpolation technique," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 11, 1955-1964, 2010. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2009.0316
8. Shaker, G. S. A., M. H. Bakr, N. Sangary, and S. Safavi-Naeini, "Accelerated antenna design methodology exploiting parameterized Cauchy models," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 18, 279-309, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERB09091109
9. Macchiarella, G. and S. Tamiazzo, "Novel approach to the synthesis of microwave diplexers," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 12, 4281-4290, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.885909
10. Macchiarella , G. and S. Tamiazzo, "Synthesis of star-junction multiplexers," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 58, 3732-3741, 2010.
11. Macchiarella, G. and S. Tamiazzo, "Design of triplexer combiners for base stations of mobile communications," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., 429-432, Anheim, CA, May 2010.