In Part I of this work, travelling-wave modelling of uniform multi-conductor transmission line networks was analytically established with direct applicability to narrowband transmission, covering any network formed of lossy (in the general case), diagonalisable uniform multi-conductor transmission lines of either distinct or degenerate eigenvalues. As the whole work applies especially in the field of Power-Line Communications, in Part II, a validating experimental paradigm is first provided using a common cable type for indoor power electric networks. Then, direct applicability to narrowband transmission is addressed, along with potential expandability towards wideband signalling. A comparative evaluation with other existing methods of time-domain modelling is also included and relevant directions for future research are suggested.
Ioannis C. Papaleonidopoulos,
Nickolas J. Theodorou,
Christos N. Capsalis,
"Travelling-Wave Modelling of Uniform Multi-Conductor Transmission Line Networks-Part II: Experimental Validation-Applicability," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 52, 295-305, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERB13012008
1. Papaleonidopoulos, I. C., C. G. Karagiannopoulos, I. E. Anagnos-topoulos, and N. J. Theodorou, "An HF multipath-propagation analysing method for power delay profile estimations of indoor single --- phase low voltage PLC channels," Proc. 7th Int. Symp. Power-Line Communications and Its Applications (ISPLC2003), 154-159, 2003.
2. Papaleonidopoulos, I. C., C. G. Karagiannopoulos, and N. J. Theodorou, "Travelling-wave multipath simulation of two-conductor HF signalling over indoor power-line networks and RMS-delay-spread dependence," Europ. Trans. Telecommunications, Vol. 18, 275-285, 2007. doi:10.1002/ett.1144
3. Paul, C. R., Analysis of Multiconductor Transmission Lines, 46-76, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1994.
4. Papaleonidopoulos, I. C., C. G. Karagiannopoulos, and N. J. Theodorou, "Evaluation of the two-conductor HF transmission-line model for symmetrical indoor triple-pole cables," Measurement , Vol. 39, 719-728, 2006. doi:10.1016/j.measurement.2006.03.007
5. Haykin, S., Communication Systems, 4th Ed., 431-448, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 2000.
6. Pahlavan, K. K. and A. H. Levesque, Wireless Information Networks, 42-60, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Yor, 1995.
7. Hashemi, H., "The indoor radio propagation channel," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 81, 941-968, 1993. doi:10.1109/5.231342