In this paper, we focus on the 3D SC model reconstruction from data with wide azimuthal aperture at a single elevation. Since the existing method is difficult to implement for high-frequency signal or large-size target, we propose a modified RANSAC method for the extraction. In our approach, the 3D positions of the SCs are estimated from the 1D SCs via a modified RANSAC method. Then the scattering coefficients are refined via a linear least squares algorithm. The approach is robust with noise because the RANSAC method is able to tolerate a tremendous fraction of outliers. Moreover, it does not suffer from limited accuracy caused by the discretization of the parameter space in . Experiments demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
"Modified RANSAC Method for Three-Dimensional Scattering Center Extraction at a Single Elevation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 68, 89-103, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIERB16020508
1. Keller, J. B., "Geometrical theory of diffraction," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. 52, No. 2, 116-130, Feb. 1962. doi:10.1364/JOSA.52.000116
2. Potter, L. C., D. M. Chiang, R. Carriere, and M. J. Gerry, "A GTD-based parametric model for radar scattering," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 43, No. 5, 1058-1067, Oct. 1995.
3. Hurst, M. P. and R. Mittra, "Scattering center analysis via Prony's method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 35, No. 5, 986-988, Aug. 1987. doi:10.1109/TAP.1987.1144210
4. Potter, L. C. and R. L. Moses, "Attributed scattering centers for SAR ATR," IEEE Trans. Image Process., Vol. 6, No. 1, 79-91, Jan. 1997. doi:10.1109/83.552098
5. Bhalla, R., J. Moore, and H. Ling, "A global scattering center representation of complex targets using the shooting and bouncing ray technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 45, No. 5, 1850-1856, Dec. 1997. doi:10.1109/8.650204
6. Zhou, J., H. Zhao, Z. Shi, and Q. F, "Global scattering center model extraction of radar targets based on wideband measurements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 7, 2051-2060, Jul. 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.924698
7. Zhai, Q. L., W. Wang, J. M. Hu, and J. Zhang, "Azimuth nonlinear chirp scaling integrated with range chirp scaling algorithm for highly squinted SAR imaging," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 143, 165-185, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13080608
8. Hu, J. M., W. Zhou, Y. W. Fu, X. Li, and N. Jing, "Uniform rotational motion compensation for ISAR based on phase cancellation," IEEE Geosci. Remote Sensing Lett., Vol. 8, No. 4, 636-640, Jul. 2011. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2010.2098841
9. Hu, J. M., J. Zhang, Q. L. Zhai, R. H. Zhan, and D. W. Lu, "ISAR imaging using a new stepped-frequency signal format," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 52, No. 7, 4291-4305, Jul. 2014.
10. Margarit, G., J. J. Mallorqui, and X. Fabregas, "Single-pass polarimetric SAR interferometry for vessel classification," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 45, No. 11, 3494-3502, Nov. 2007. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2007.897437
11. Margarit, G., J. J. Mallorqui, J. Fortuny-Guasch, and C. Lopez-Martinez, "Exploitation of ship scattering in polarimetric SAR for an improved classification under high clutter conditions," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 47, No. 4, 1224-1235, Apr. 2009. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2008.2008721
12. Zhang, J., J. Hu, Y. Gao, R. Zhan, and Q. Zhai, "Three-dimensional scattering centers extraction of radar targets using high resolution techniques," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 37, 127-137, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERM14041509
13. Zhou, J., Z. Shi, and Q. Fu, "Three-dimensional scattering center extraction based on wide aperture data at a single elevation," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 53, No. 3, 1638-1655, Mar. 2015. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2014.2346509
14. Fisher, M. and R. Bolles, "Random sample consensus: A paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography," Comm. of the ACM, Vol. 24, No. 6, 381-395, 1981. doi:10.1145/358669.358692
15. Kim, T. J. and Y. J. Im, "Automatic satellite image registration by combination of matching and random sample consensus," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 41, No. 5, 1111-1117, May 2003. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2003.811994
16. Chum, O. and J. Matas, "Optimal randomized RANSAC," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 30, No. 8, 1472-1482, Aug. 2008. doi:10.1109/TPAMI.2007.70787
17. Roy, R. and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT-estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Trans. on Acoust. Speech. Signal Processing, Vol. 37, No. 7, 984-995, Jul. 1989. doi:10.1109/29.32276
18. Stoica, P. and A. Nehorai, "MUSIC, maximum likelihood, and Cramer-Rao bound," IEEE Trans. on Acoust. Speech. Signal Processing, Vol. 37, No. 5, 720-741, May 1989. doi:10.1109/29.17564
19. Huffel, S. V., H. Park, and J. B. Rosen, "Formulation and solution of structured total least norm problems for parameter estimation," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 44, No. 5, 2464-2474, Oct. 1996.
20. Hua, Y. and T. K. Sarkar, "Matrix pencil method for estimating parameters of exponentially damped/undamped sinusoids in noise," IEEE Trans. on Acoust. Speech. Signal Processing, Vol. 38, No. 5, 814-824, Aug. 1987. doi:10.1109/29.56027
21. Yan, X. W., J. M Hu, G Zhao, J. Zhang, and J. W. Wan, "A new parameter estimation method for GTD model based on modified compressed sensing," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 141, 553-575, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13052017
22. Dai, D. H., X. S. Wang, Y. L. Chang, J. H. Yang, and S. P. Xiao, "Fully-polarized scattering center extraction and parameter estimation: P-SPRIT algorithm," Proc. Int. Conf. Radar, CIE 2006, 1-4, 2006. doi:10.1109/ICR.2006.343265