The Conducted Electromagnetic Interference (CEI) characteristics in the primary circuit and at the ports of the secondary devices of the converter station of a UHVDC transmission system are researched comprehensively and systematically in this paper, by taking the Zhalute-Qingzhou ±800kV/10000MW UHVDC project in East Inner Mongolia of China as an example. The primary circuit equipment parameters of the target system are designed systematically at first, and the overall broadband equivalent model of the main circuit of the UHVDC system, which is composed of converter valve, converter transformer, filter banks and smoothing reactor, is developed. The CEI characteristics in the primary circuit under various conditions of the UHVDC system are analyzed based on the simulations carried out on the built BEC, and the influences of several primary circuit elements on the propagation of the CEI characteristics are researched. To improve the accuracy of the analysis of the CEI characteristics in the secondary device circuit, accurate BECs of the Capacitor Voltage Transformer (CVT), Current Transformer (CT) and secondary signal cable are established. The CEI characteristics at the ports of secondary devices under different operation modes are studied, and the influences of the cable length and burden rate on the CEI characteristics are analyzed. This paper provides a comprehensive and thorough understanding of the CEI characteristics of an UHVDC system.
"Study of the Conducted Electromagnetic Interference in the Converter Station of an UHVDC Transmission System," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 76, 37-57, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERB17032105
1. Kong, F., Z. Hao, and B. Zhang, "A novel traveling-wave-based main protection scheme for ±800 kV UHVDC bipoloar transmission lines," IEEE Trans., PD., Vol. 31, 2159-2168, 2016.
2. Zhang, S., Z. Peng, P. Liu, and N. Li, "Design and dielectric characteristics of the ±1100 kV UHVDC wall bushing in China," IEEE Trans., DEI., Vol. 22, 409-419, 2015. doi:10.1109/TDEI.2014.004454
3. Yang, Y., J. Lu, and Y. Lei, "A calculation method for the hybrid electric field under UHVAC and UHVDC transmission lines in the same corridor," IEEE Trans., PD., Vol. 25, 1146-1153, 2010.
4. Li, Y., L. Luo, C. Rehtanz, C. Wang, and S. Ruberg, "Simulation of the electromagnetic response characteristic of an inductively filtered HVDC converter transformer using field-circuit coupling," IEEE Trans., IE., Vol. 59, 4020-4031, 2012.
5. Zilberti, L., E. Pons, O. Bottauscio, M. Chiampi, and M. Pastorelli, "Evaluation of the electromagnetic environment around underground HVDC lines," IEEE Trans., PD., Vol. 25, 3085-3094, 2010.
6. Yu, Z., Y. Fu, R. Zeng, F. Tian, M. Li, L. Liu, R. Li, and Z. Gao, "Data analysis of electromagnetic environment of UHVDC transmission lines," IET International Conference on AC and DC Power Transmission, 1-4, 2016.
7. Ma, Y., S. Li, Y. Hua, L. Yu, and P. Chen, "Reliability evaluation to converter transformers of 2×12-pulse UHVDC transmission system," China International Conference on Electricity Distribution, 219-222, 2014.
8. IEC 61000-4-6, Electromagnetic compatibility-Part 4-6: Testing and measurement techniquesImmunity to conducted disturbances, induced by radio-frequency fields, 2013.
9. Sun, H., X. Cui, L. Liu, and L. Qi, "Simulation of conductive electromagnetic interference in HVDC converter station," World Automation Congress, 1-5, 2008.
10. Sun, H., X. Cui, and L. Du, "Electromagnetic interference prediction of ±800 kV UHVDC converter station," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 52, 1-4, 2015.
11. Yu, Z., J. He, and R. Zeng, "Simulation analysis on conducted EMD caused by valves in ±800 kV UHVDC converter station," IEEE Trans. EC., Vol. 51, 236-244, 2009.
12. Dou, H. and Z. Liang, "Simulation of electromagnetic interference coupling to a substation secondary cable," Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 1417-1420, 2010.
13. Ghassemi, F., P. F. Gale, B. Clegg, T. Cumming, and C. Coutts, "Method to measure CVT transfer function," IEEE Trans., PD., Vol. 17, 915-920, 2002.
14. Ghassemi, F., P. Gale, T. Cumming, and C. Coutts, "Harmonic voltage measurements using CVTs," IEEE Trans., PD., Vol. 20, 443-449, 2005.
15. Cataliotti, A., D. D. Cara, A. E. Emanuel, and S. Nuccio, "Current transformers effects on the measurement of harmonic active power in LV and MV networks," IEEE Trans., PD., Vol. 26, 360-368, 2011.
16. Liu, L., X. Cui, Q. Wang, and H. F. Sun, "Measurement and calculation of the transient electromagnetic disturbances of secondary system in HVDC converter station," 2008 World, Automation Congress, 1-4, 2008.
17. Sun, H. F., X. Cui, and L. Qi, "High-frequency modeling of valve components in high voltage direct current converter stations," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 24, 142-148, 2009.