A novel microstrip triplexer with a common crossed resonator and some uniform impedance resonators (UIR) is proposed in this paper. The crossed resonator is theoretically analyzed and proved to be able to resonate at three different frequencies. By using the crossed resonator as the common resonator, a compact structure can be gained as no extra matching network is needed, and the number of the resonator can be reduced effectively. Moreover, a wide stopband is obtained by setting the crossed resonator and UIRs working at the same fundamental frequencies but different higher order resonant frequencies. To demonstrate the design procedure, a triplexer with a third order Chebyshev response in each channel is fabricated and measured. The measured result is in good agreement with the simulated one, showing an attenuation of 20 dB up to 8 times the first channel frequency.
"Wide Stopband Microstrip Triplexer Using Common Crossed Resonator and Uniform Impedance Resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 69, 79-86, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL17041703
1. Huang, C.-Y., M.-H. Weng, C.-S. Ye, and Y.-X. Xu, "A high band isolation and wide stopband diplexer using dual-mode stepped-impedance resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 299-308, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER09112701
2. Shi, J., J.-X. Chen, and Z.-H. Bao, "Diplexers based on microstrip line resonators with loaded element," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 423-3439, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11031516
3. Yang, R.-Y., C.-M. Hsiung, C.-Y. Huang, and C.-C. Lin, "Design of a high band isolation diplexer for GPS and WLAN system using modified stepped-impedance resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 107, 101-114, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10060913
4. Chen, C. F., T. Y. Huang, C. P. Chou, and R. B. Wu, "Microstrip diplexers design with common resonator sections for compact size, but high isolation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, 1945-1952, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.873613
5. Tantiviwat, S., N. Intarawiset, and R. Jeenawong, "Wide-stopband, compact microstrip diplexer with common resonator using stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Tencon. Spring Conf., 17-19, Sydney, Australia, Jun. 2013.
6. Chen, C. F., T. Y. Huang, T. M. Shen, and R. B.Wu, "A miniaturized microstrip common resonator triplexer without extra matching network," Asia Europe Microw. Conf., 1439-1442, Yokohama, Japan, Dec. 2006.
7. Chuang, M. L. and M. T. Wu, "Microstrip diplexer design using common T-shaped resonator," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, 583-585, 2011. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2011.2168949
8. Chu, Q. X., F. C. Chen, Z. H. Tu, and H. Wang, "A novel crossed resonator and its applications to bandpass filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, 1753-1759, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2009.2022873
9. Chen, C. F., T. Y. Huang, C. P. Chou, and R. B. Wu, "Design of microstrip bandpass filters with multiorder spurious-mode suppression," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 53, 3788-3793, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.859869
10. Cameron, R. J., C. M. Kudsia, and R. R. Mansour, Microwave Filters for Communication Systems Fundamentals Design and Applications, Wiley, New York, 2007.