In this paper A capacitive coupled Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA) array with log periodic method is explored experimentally for X-band applications. The incidence free DRA series consists of seven rectangular Dielectric Resonators (DRs). For both DRA and MPA arrays, a series fed microstrip line was used. In this work, Log Periodic Microstrip Patch Antenna (LPMPA) and Log Periodic Dielectric Resonator Antenna (LPDRA) arrays have been designed and realized, and the performance characteristics such as return loss, VSWR, gain, and bandwidth are simulated and validated experimentally. The LPMPA antenna is in active state from 10.2 GHz to 12.9 GHz with a bandwidth of 2.7 GHz and a gain of 8.55 dB. The LPDRA antenna is in active state from 7.3589 GHz to 12.1060 GHz with an increased bandwidth of 4.7474 GHz and a gain value of 8. 53 dB. The corresponding performance characteristics are presented at the end.
Boddapallli Venkata Ramana,
Prudhivi Mallikarjuna Rao,
"Design of Capacitive Coupled Log Periodic Dielectric Resonator Antenna for X Band Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 122, 41-56, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC21112303
1. Long, S. A., M. W. McAllister, and L. C. Shen, "The resonant dielectric cavity antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 31, No. 3, 406-412, March 1983. doi:10.1109/TAP.1983.1143080
2. Upadhyaya, T. and K. Pandya, "A rieview on dielectric resonator antenna," 1ST International Conference on Automation in Industries (ICAI), 106-109, 2016.
3. Vahora, A. and K. Pandya, "Implementation of cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna array for Wi-Fi/wireless LAN/satellite applications," Progress In Electromagnetic Research M, Vol. 90, 157-166, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERM20011604
4. Liu, Y.-T., K. W. Leung, J. Ren, and Y.-X. Sun, "Linearly and circularly polarized filtering dielectric resonator antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 6, 3629-3640, 2019. doi:10.1109/TAP.2019.2902670
5. Wang, M. and Q.-X. Chu, "A wideband polarization-reconfigurable water dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 18, No. 2, 402-406, 2019. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2019.2892503
6. Kumari, R. and S. K. Behera, "Capacitive coupled frequency independent dielectric resonator antenna array for X-band applications," IETE Journal of Research, 2019, doi: 10.1080/03772063.2019.1600438.
7. Petosa, A., Dielectric Resonator Antenna Handbook, 1-3, Artech House Publishers, Norwood, 2007.
8. Luk, K. M. and K. W. Leung, Dielectric Resonator Antennas, 1-45, Research Studies Press Ltd., Hertfordshire, 2002.
9. Mongia, R. K. and P. Bhartia, "Dielectric resonator antennas --- A review and general design relations for resonant frequency and bandwidth," International Journal of Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, 230-247, Jul. 1994. doi:10.1002/mmce.4570040304
10. Gao, Y., Z. Feng, and L. Zhang, "Compact dielectric resonator on-patch antenna with bandwidth enhancement," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 54, No. 1, 66-71, Jan. 2012. doi:10.1002/mop.26481
11. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2005.
12. Luk, K.-M. and K.-W. Leung, Dielectric Resonator Antennas, Research Studies Press Ltd., England, 2003.
13. Petosa, A. and A. Ittipiboon, "Dielectric resonator antennas --- A historical review and the current state of the art," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 52, No. 5, 91-116, 2010. doi:10.1109/MAP.2010.5687510
14. Chen, S. Y., P. H. Wang, and P. Hsu, "Uniplanar log-periodic slot antenna fed by a CPW for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, 256-259, 2006. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2006.873956
15. Zhai, G. H., W. Hong, K. Wu, and Z. Q. Kuai, "Wideband substrate integrated printed log periodic dipole array antenna," IET Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 7, 899-905, 2010. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2009.0305
16. Jardon-Aguilar, H., J. A. Tirado-Mendez, R. Flores-Leal, and R. Linares-Miranda, "Reduced log-periodic dipole antenna using a cylindrical-hat cover," IET Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 14, 1697-1702, Nov. 2011. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2011.0077
17. Yu, C., W. Hong, L. Chiu, G. Zhai, C. Yu, W. Qin, and Z. Kuai, "Ultra wideband printed log-periodic dipole antenna with multiple notched bands," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 3, 725-732, Mar. 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2103010
18. Kumari, R. and S. K. Behera, "Investigation on log periodic dielectric resonator antenna array for Ku band applications," Taylor & Francis, Electromagnetics, Vol. 34, 19-33, 2014.
19. Kumari, R. and S. K. Behera, "Nine element frequency independent dielectric resonator array for X-band applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, 400-403, 2013. doi:10.1002/mop.27337
20. Kumari, R. and S. K. Behera, "Wideband log periodic dielectric resonator array with overlaid micro strip feed line," IET Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 7, 582-587, 2013. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2012.0151
21. Kumari, H. R., "Investigations on possible realization of log periodic dielectric resonator antennas,", National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, 2013.
22. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 619-637, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2005.
23. Ramana, B. V., P. Mallikarjuna Rao, and M. Satyanarayana, "Wideband printed log-periodic dipole antenna," Jour. of Adv. Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, Vol. 11, No. 1, 39-47, 2019.
24. Ramana, B. V., M. Satyanarayana, and P. Mallikarjuna Rao, "Design of log periodic inset fed microstrip patch antenna for S-band applications," Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) (I-SMAC), IEEE, Palladam, India, 2021.
25. Ramana, B. V., M. Satyanarayana, and P. Mallikarjuna Rao, "Design of logarithmic periodical dielectric resonator array for wide band implementations," International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Vol. 8, No. 2S2, 219-226, Jan. 2019.
26. Pimpalgaonkar, P., T. Upadhyaya, K. Pandya, M. R. Chaurasia, and B. Raval, "A review on dielectric resonator antenna," ICAI 2016, 2016.
27. Upadhyay, K. K., A. Agrawal, and M. Misra, "Wide-band log-periodic microstrip antenna with defected ground structure for C-band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 112, 127-137, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21031106