A uniform asymptotic expression is developed for calculating the fields scattered by a perfect electrically conducting plate illuminated by a vectorial gaussian beam. This expression has been obtained under the physical optics approximation using the saddle point method. Some numerical applications are presented and compared with some reference methods such as a MoM. A brief parameter study of this solution is presented.
2. Chou, H. T., P. H. Pathak, and R. J. Burkholder, "Novel gaussian beam method for the rapid analysis of large reflector antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, No. 6, 880-893, Jun. 2001.
3. Lugara, D., A. Boag, and C. Letrou, "Gaussian beam tracking through a curved interface: Comparison with a method of moments," IEE Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 150, No. 1, 49-55, Feb. 2003.
4. Tahri, R., D. Fournier, S. Collonge, G. Zaharia, and G. El Zein, "Efficient and fast gaussian beam-tracking approach for indoor-propagation modeling," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 45, No. 5, 378-381, 2005.
5. Lugara, D. and C. Letrou, "Alternative to gabor's representation of plane aperture radiation," Electronis Letters, Vol. 34, No. 24, 2286-2287, Nov. 1998.
6. Sokoloff, J., S. Bolioli, and P. F. Combes, "Gaussian beam expansion for radiation analysis of metallic refflectors illuminated under oblique incidence," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 38, No. 2, 697-700, Mar. 2002.
7. Chabory, A., J. Sokoloff, S. Bolioli, and P. F. Combes, "Computation of electromagnetic scattering by multilayer dielectric objects using gaussian beam based techniques," C. R. Physique, Vol. 6, 654-662, 2005.
8. Bolioli, S., J. Sokoloff, and A. Chabory, "Multilayer radome computation — Comparison between gaussian beam formalism and plane wave spectrum — Application to airbus a380," ICEAA, Turino, Italy, Sep. 2005.
9. Chabory, A., S. Bolioli, and J. Sokoloff, "Novel gabor-based gaussian beam expansion for curved aperture radiation in dimension two," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 58, 171-185, 2006.
10. Chabory, A., J. Sokoloff, and S. Bolioli, "Physically based expansion on conformal gaussian beams for the radiation of curved aperture in dimension 2," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 2, No. 2, 152-157, Mar. 2008.
11. Hillairet, J., J. Sokoloff, and S. Bolioli, "Electromagnetic scattering of a field known on a curved interface using conformal gaussian beams," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 195-212, 2008.
12. Hillairet, J., S. Bolioli, and J. Sokoloff, "Analytical physical optic scattering under vectorial gaussian beams illumination of a PEC's finite plate," CEAA, Turino, Italy, Sep. 2007.
13. Hillairet, J., "Applications du formalisme des faisceaux gaussiens a la modelisation de l'interaction d'une onde electromagnetique avec un objet 3D complexe,", Ph.D. dissertation, Universit de Toulouse III --- Paul Sabatier --- UFR: P.C.A., Dec. 2007.
14. Gordon, W. B., "Far-field approximationsto the kirchhoffhelmholtz representations of scattered fields," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., 590-592, Jul. 1975.
15. Martini, E., G. Pelosi, and S. Selleri, "Line integral representation of physical optics scattering from a perfectly conducting plate illuminated by a gaussian beam modeled as a complex point source," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2793-2800, Oct. 2003.
16. Loh, E., "Semiuniform asymptotic expansions of the diffraction integral," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. 70, No. 9, 1075, 1980.
17. Stamnes, J. J., "Uniform asymptotic theory of diffraction by apertures," J. Opt. Soc. Am., Vol. 73, No. 1, 96-109, Jan. 1983.
18. Conde, O. M., J. Perez, and M. F. Catedra, "Stationary phase method application for the analysis of radiation of complex 3-D conducting structures," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, No. 5, 724-731, May 2001.