A Sub Harmonically Pumped (SHP) mixer suitable for direct conversion receiver in 3G mobile frequency band is presented. This mixer is realized with N anti-parallel diode pairs (APDPs) and designed in self-biased structure to obtain minimum noise figure and conversion loss. In this paper, a simultaneous signal and noise analysis CAD routine to analyze a circuit consists of Arbitrary Number of anti-parallel diode pairs in self-biased structure is proposed. Then the results of this CAD routine are confirmed with other method. The mixer is optimized to obtain a maximally flat conversion gain and minimum Noise Figure over various LO powers. The proposed CAD is used to obtain the optimum number of APDPs. Also the optimum self-biased resistance and output load are calculated.
2. Lin, S., Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "Quadrature direct conversion receiver integrated with planar quasi-Yagi antenna," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., Vol. 3, 1285-1288, June 2000.
3. Shin, H. S., J. H. Park, J. H. Kim, and H. J. Yoo, "System-level performance analysis and design of RF receiver for W-CDMA user equipment," Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 2nd Int. Conf. on. ICMMT 2000, 319-322, 2000.
4. Maas, S. A., Microwave Mixers, 2nd Ed., Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1992.
5. Mohammadi, A., F. Shayegh, A. Abdipour, and R. Mirzavand, "Direct conversion EHM transceivers design for millimeter-wavewireless applications,", Vol. 2007, No. 1, 44-44, Article ID 32807, 2007.
6. Siles, J. V., J. Grajal, and V. Krozer, "Design of subharmonically pumped schottky mixers for submillimetre-wave applications," European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, Vol. 1, No. 10-13, 145-148, Sep. 2006.
7. Chapman, M. W. and S. Raman, "A 60 GHz uniplanar MMIC 4X subharmonic mixer," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 3, 95-98, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, May 2001.
8. Nallatamby, J. C., "Determination des caracteristiques en bruit des circuits non-lineares a l'aide des formalisms de conversion de frequence et des matrices de correlation des sources se bruit,", Ph.D. diissertation, Dept. Elect. Eng., Limoges Univ., Limogese, 1992.