In this paper, a novel microstrip bandstop filter by etching a square split ring in the center of microstrip line is proposed. Low insertion loss in the passband, high rejection level and integrated structure should be mentioned as advantages for this resonator. A transmission line model for this resonator is introduced and its resonant frequency is calculated analytically. Good agreement between the experimental results, full-wave simulation, transmission line model and analytical result has been achieved.
2. Wang, C. J. and C. S. Lin, "Compact DGS resonator with improvement of Q-factor," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 15, 908-909, 2008.
3. Garcia-Garcia, J., F. Martin, F. Falcone, F. Bonache, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, M. Sorolla, and R. Marques, "Spurious passband suppression in microstrip coupled line band pass filters by means of split ring resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, No. 9, 416-418, 2004.
4. Marques, R., F. Martin, and M. Sorolla, Metamaterials with Negative Parameters, Wiley-Interscience, New Jersey, 2007.
5. Kazerooni, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Simulation, analysis, design and applications of array defected microstrip structure (ADMS) filters using rigorously coupled multi-strip (RCMS) method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 193-207, 2006.
6. Kazerooni, M., G. Rezai Rad, and A. Cheldavi, "Behavior study of simultaneously defected microstrip and ground structure (DMGS) in planar circuits," PIERS Proceedings, 895-900, Beijing, China, March 23-27, 2009.
7. Tirado-Mendez, J. A. and H. Jardon-Aguilar, "A simplified method to reduce dimensions of planar passive circuits using defected ground and defected microstrip structures ," Microwave Journal, Vol. 50, No. 11, 58, 2007.