Possibilities for the extension of the operational frequency band of slotted waveguide antennas are studied. It is shown that by using both conventional longitudinal slots and subarraying techniques it is possible to reach the relative bandwidth of about 15%. This result is illustrated by the development of a novel slotted waveguide antenna for high-resolution SAR applications. The antenna operates in the X-band and forms the beam of 4°×6° with the gain of about 30 dB.
3. Wang, W., J. Jin, X.-L. Liang, and Z.-H. Zhang, "Broadband dual polarized waveguide slotted antenna array," IEEE Proc. Antennas and Propagat. Society International Symposium 06, 2237-2240, 2006. doi:10.1109/APS.2006.1711034
4. Yu, X., D. Ni, S. Liu, Z. Li, and W. Wang, "Design of a wideband waveguide slot array antenna and its decoupling method for synthetic aperture radar," Proc. EuMC08, 135-138, 2008.
5. Wang, W., S.-S. Zhong, Y.-M. Zhang, and X.-L. Liang, "A broadband slotted ridge waveguide antenna array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 54, 2416-2420, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.879216
6. Takeshima, T. and Y. Isogai, "Frequency bandwidth of slotted array aerial system," Electron. Eng., 201-204, 1969.
8. Stern, G. J. and R. S. Elliot, "Resonant length of longitudinal slots and validity of circuit representation: Theory and experiment," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 33, No. 11, 1264-1271, 1985. doi:10.1109/TAP.1985.1143509
9. Voskresenskiy, D. I., "Radio and Sviaz," Antennas and Microwave Devices (Design of the Phase Antenna Arrays), Moskov, 1981 (in Russian).
10. Sekretarov, S. S. and D. M. Vavriv, "Circular slotted antenna array with inclined beam for airborne radar applications," Proc. GeMiC08, 475-478, Hamburg, Germany, 2008.
11. Sekretarov, S. S., D. M. Vavriv, M. P. Natarov, and V. V. Glamazdin, "Development of a Ka-band slotted antenna array," Proc. 6th MSMW, 672-674, Kharkov, Ukraine, 2007.
12. Sekretarov, S. S., D. M. Vavriv, V. A. Volkov, M. P. Natarov, and V. V. Glamazdin, "Electrically switchable, Ka-band slotted waveguide antenna array system," Radiophysics and Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 3, 483-493, 2008.