In this paper, we propose a computational method for computing RCS of 3D conductor, by using piecewise surface impedance boundary conditions and forward backward iterative scheme. In our previous work, we have reported a numerical method combining Rytov's perturbation method and level set technique to construct a piecewise surface impedance, we showed that by using level set technique, we could model an arbitrarily shaped conductor by a piecewise distribution of low- and high-order SIBCs. The method proposed in this article postulates the use of local "buffer regions" to suppress spurious edge effects introduced by the abrupt termination of each SIBC and ensure stability of RCS computing.
"Computation of the RCS of 3D Conductor with Arbitrary Shape by Using Piecewise Sibc and Forward Backward Iterative Scheme," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 16, 225-234, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERM10121803
1. Yuferev, S. V. and N. Ida, Surface Impedance Boundary Conditions: A Comprehensive Approach, Illustre Ed., London, 2009. doi:10.1201/9781420044904
2. Bouzidi, A. and T. Aguili, "Piecewise surface impedance boundary conditions by combining Rytovs perturbation method and level set technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 16, 63-71, 2011.
4. Tai, X.-C. and T. F. Chan, "A survey on multiple level set methods with applications for identifying piecewise constant functions," International J. Numerical Analysis and Modelling, Vol. 1, No. 1, 25-48, 2004.
5. Cheng, L.-T., P. Burchard, B. Merriman, and S. Osher, "Motion of curves constrained on surfaces using a level-set approach," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 175, No. 2, 604-644, 2002. doi:10.1006/jcph.2001.6960
6. Conor, B., C. Peter, and C. Marissa, "A novel ierative solution A novel ierative solution," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 10, 2781-2784, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.834405
7. Mitchell, I. M., "A toolbox of level set methods (Ver-sion 1.1)," , Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, Available:http://www.cs.ubc.ca/ mitchell/ToolboxLS/index.html, 2007.
8. Persson, P.-O. and G. Strang, "Simple mesh generator in matlab,", Department of Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Available: http://math.mit.edu/ persson/mesh/, 2005.