The frequency-modulated continuous wave (FMCW) synthetic aperture radar (SAR) has the properties of compact size, lightweight, low cost and low power dissipation, which provides great potential in the application of small platforms such as unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). The imaging characteristics of rotary target for FMCW SAR are analysed based on the construction of echo signal model. Further, a passive suppressing jamming method for FMCW SAR based on micromotion modulation is proposed. This method makes use of rotary corner reflector to form jamming strips in range and azimuth, and then the target screened is protected effectively. The choice of parameters of rotary corner reflectors is discussed in detail. Finally, some simulations are given to validate the theoretical derivation and the effectiveness of method.
2. Meta, A., P. Hoogeboom, and L. P. Ligthart, "Signal processing for FMCW SAR," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 45, No. 11, 3519-3532, 2007.
3. Wang, R., et al., "Motion compensation for high-resolution automobile FMCW SAR," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 10, No. 5, 1157-1161, 2013.
4. Liu, Y., et al., "Efficient and precise frequency-modulated continuous wave synthetic aperture radar raw signal simulation approach for extended scenes," IET Radar Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 6, No. 9, 858-866, 2012.
5. Adve, R., "Bistatic FMCW SAR signal model and imaging approach," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics, Vol. 49, No. 3, 2017-2028, 2013.
6. Edrich, M., "Design overview and flight test results of the miniaturized SAR sensor MISAR," Proc. EuRAD'04, 205-208, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2004.
7. Duersch, M. I., "BYU. Micro-SAR: A very small low-power LFM-CW synthetic aperture radar,", Brigham Young University, 2004.
8. Wang, R., et al., "Focus FMCW sar data using the wavenumber domain algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 48, No. 4, 2109-2118, 2010.
9. Sun, G.-C., et al., "A new passive barrage jamming method for SAR," Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, Vol. 31, No. 3, 610-613, 2009 (in Chinese).
10. Wu, X.-F., et al., "A novel method of active jamming for SAR based on micro motion modulation," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 38, No. 4, 954-958, 2010 (in Chinese).
11. Wu, X.-F., et al., "Analysis of SAR imaging characteristics of targets with rotational micro-motion," Journal of Astronautics, Vol. 31, No. 4, 1181-1189, 2010 (in Chinese).
12. Rigling, B. D., "Image-quality focusing of rotary SAR targets," IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett., Vol. 5, No. 4, 750-754, Oct. 2008.