Microwave staring correlated imaging (MSCI) achieves high resolution imaging results by employing the temporal-spatial independent radiation field. In MSCI, the imaging performance is determined by the independent degree of the radiation field. In this paper, a novel kind of ideal independent radiation field named the orthogonal radiation field (ORF) is constructed for MSCI. Firstly, a group of two-dimensional (2-D) orthogonal basis functions are used to construct the ideal ORF samples. Then a method is proposed to construct the ORF samples by designing the transmitting signals. The numerical simulations validate the feasibility of this method. Finally, when the ORF is applied in MSCI, the numerical simulations achieve high resolution imaging results and demonstrate good imaging performance that is robust to noise.
2. Ma, Y., X. He, and D. Wang, "Microwave staring correlated imaging and resolution analysis," Geo-Informatics in Resource Management and Sustainable Ecosystem International Symposium (GRMSE 2013), 737-747, Nov. 2013.
3. Li, D., X. Li, Y. Cheng, Y. Qin, and H. Wang, "Radar coincidence imaging: An instantaneous imaging technique with stochastic signals," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience Remote Sensing, Vol. 52, No. 4, 2261-2271, Apr. 2014.
4. Zhu, S., et al., "Radar coincidence imaging with random microwave source," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1239-1242, 2015.
5. Li, D., et al., "Three dimensional radar coincidence imaging," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 33, 223-238, 2013.
6. Guo, Y., D. Wang, and C. Tian, "Research on sensing matrix characteristics in microwave staring correlated imaging based on compressed sensing," 2014 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), 195-200, IEEE, 2014.
7. Li, D., et al., "Radar coincidence imaging under grid mismatch," ISRN Signal Processing 2014, 2014.
8. Zhou, X., et al., "Radar coincidence imaging for off-grid target using frequency-hopping waveforms," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation 2016, 2016.
9. Zha, G., et al., "Effect analysis and design on array geometry for coincidence imaging radar based on effective rank theory," 2015 ISPRS International Conference on Computer Vision in Remote Sensing, International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2016.
10. Yang, H., et al., "Azimuth wavefront modulation using plasma lens array for microwave staring imaging," 2015 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 4276-4279, IEEE, 2015.
11. Fromenteze, T., et al., "Computational imaging using a mode-mixing cavity at microwave frequencies," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 106, No. 19, 194104, 2015.
12. Yurduseven, O., et al., "Printed aperiodic cavity for computational and microwave imaging," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 26, No. 5, 367-369, 2016.
13. Hunt, J., et al., "Metamaterial microwave holographic imaging system," JOSA A, Vol. 31, No. 10, 2109-2119, 2014.
14. Watts, C. M., et al., "Terahertz compressive imaging with metamaterial spatial light modulators," Nature Photonics, Vol. 8, No. 8, 605-609, 2014.