The possibility of application Clavin type radiators in combined two-frequency antenna arrays with diode switching of vibrator and slot elements is validated. The conventional Clavin elements with passive monopoles operating at the main frequency and two active monopoles operating at the alternative frequency are used as the combined array radiator. Radiation fields of combined arrays at both frequencies are analyzed. It is shown that the alternative wavelength should not exceed the main wavelength by more than 25%.
2. Ponomarev, L. I. and V. I. Stepanenko, Scanning Multi-frequency Combined Antenna Arrays, Radiotekhnika, Moscow, Radiotehnika, 2009 (in Russian).
3. Galejs, J., "Multidiode switch," IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 8, No. 5, 566-569, 1960.
4. Mortenson, K. E., "Microwave semiconductor control devices," Microwave J., Vol. 7, 49-57, 1964.
5. Clavin, A., D. A. Huebner, and F. J. Kilburg, "An improved element for use in array antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 22, 521-526, 1974.
6. Clavin, A., "A multimode antenna having equal E- and H-planes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 23, 735-737, 1975.
7. Papierz, A. B., S. M. Sanzgiri, and S. R. Laxpati, "Analysis of antenna structure with equal Eand H-plane patterns," Proc. IEE, Vol. 124, No. 1, 25-30, 1977.
8. Elliott, R. S., "On the mutual admittance between Clavin elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 28, 864-870, 1980.
9. Berdnik, S. L., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, Yu. M. Penkin, and S. V. Pshenichnaya, "Clavin element with impedance monopoles," Proc. of XX-th International Seminar/Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory (DIPED-2015), 61-65, Lviv (Ukraine), 2015.
10. Berdnik, S. L., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, and Yu. M. Penkin, "Excitation of electromagnetic waves by a longitudinal slot in the broad wall of rectangular waveguide in the presence of passive impedance vibrators outside the waveguide," Radiofizika i Radioastronomiya, Vol. 21, 198-215, 2016 (in Russian).
11. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, Analytical and Hybrid Methods in Theory of Slot-Hole Coupling of Electrodynamic Volumes, Springer Science+Business Media, New York, 2008.