Statistical characteristics of scattered electromagnetic waves by turbulent magnetized plasma slab with electron density and magnetic field fluctuations are considered via the perturbation method and boundary conditions. Magnetic field fluctuates both in magnitude and direction. Analytical expressions for the component of scattered electric field, correlation functions of the amplitude and phase fluctuations, and also the phase structure function for arbitrary correlation functions of fluctuating plasma parameters are derived. The obtained results are valid for near and far zones. Under equal conditions, at strong magnetic fields, electron density fluctuations play the important role and in this case the imposed magnetic field decreases fluctuation intensity of the ordinary and extraordinary waves. Numerical calculations of statistical characteristics of scattered radiation were carried out for anisotropic Gaussian correlation function for electron density fluctuation and correlation tensor of the second order for the fluctuation of an external magnetic field. The phase portraits of correlation functions of the amplitude and phase fluctuations are constructed.
Natalia N. Zhukova,
Tamar N. Bzhalava,
M. R. Diasamidze,
"On the Influence of Fluctuations of the Direction of an External Magnetic Field on Phase and Amplitude Correlation Functions of Scattered Radiation by Magnetized Plasma Slab," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 22, 121-143, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10051402
1. Ishimaru, A., "Multiple scattering, turbulence, rough surfaces and remote sensing," Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media, Vol. 2, IEEE Press, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA, 1997.
2. Frolov, V. L., N. V. Bakhmet'eva, V. V. Belikovich, G. G. Vetrogradov, V. G. Vatrogradov, G. P. Komrakov, D. S. Kotik, N. A. Mityakov, S. V. Polyakov, V. O. Rapoport, E. N. Sergeev, E. D. Tereshchenko, A. V. Tolmacheva, V. P. Uryadov, and B. Z. Khudukon, "Modification of the earth's ionosphere by high-power high-frequency radio waves," Phys. Usp., Vol. 50, 315-325, 2007. doi:10.1070/PU2007v050n03ABEH006282
3. Xu, Z.-W., J. Wu, and Z.-S Wu, "A survey of ionospheric effects on space-based radar," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 14, S189-S273, 2004. doi:10.1088/0959-7174/14/2/008
4. Wernik, A. W., J. A. Secan, and E. J. Fremouw, "Ionospheric irregularities and scintillation," Advances Space Research, Vol. 31, No. 4, 971-981, 2003. doi:10.1016/S0273-1177(02)00795-0
5. Wu, Z.-S., H.-Y. Wei, R.-K. Yang, and L.-X. Guo, "Study of scintillation considering inner and outer-scales for laser beam propagation on the slant path through the atmospheric turbulence," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 277-293, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07112505
6. Ginzburg, V. L., Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasma, Gordon and Beach, New York, 1961.
7. Gershman, B. N., L. M. Erukhimov, and Y. Y. Yashin, Wave Phenomena in the Ionosphere and Space Plasma, Nauka, Moscow, 1984.
8. Gavrilenko, V. G., A. A. Semerikov, and G. V. Jandieri, "On the effect of absorption on multiple wave scatteting in magnetized turbulent plasma," Wave in Random Media, Vol. 9, 427-440, 1999. doi:10.1088/0959-7174/9/3/310
9. Gavrilenko, V. G., A. V. Sarokin, G. V. Jandieri, and V. G. Jandieri, "Some properties of the angular power distribution of electromagnetic waves multiply scattered in a collisional magnetized turbulent plasma ," Plasma Physics Report, Vol. 31, No. 7, 604-615, 2005. doi:10.1134/1.1992588
10. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, K. Yasumoto, A. G. Khantadze, and V. G. Jandieri, "Angle-of-arrival of radio waves scattered by turbulent collisional magnetized plasma layer," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 4, No. 3, 160-169, 2009.
11. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, V. G. Jandieri, A. G. Khantadze, and Z. M. Diasamidze, "Model computations of angular power spectra for anisotropic absorptive turbulent magnetized plasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 307-328, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07013103
12. Tatarskii, V. I., Wave Propagation in a Turbulent Medium, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1961.
13. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, V. G. Jandieri, A. G. Khantadze, A. I. Gvelesiani, and T. N. Bzhalava, "A note of the angular power spectrum of scattered radiation by anisotropic layer of collisional magnetized turbulent plasma," International Journal of Microwaves and Optical Technology, Vol. 3, No. 1, 35-44, 2008.
14. Liu, C. H., A. W. Wernik, and K. C. Yeh, "Propagation of pulse trains through a random medium," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 22, No. 4, 624-627, 1974. doi:10.1109/TAP.1974.1140830