In this paper we propose a computational method for constructing variable surface impedance, based on combining Rytov's perturbation method and level set technique. It is well-known that the choice of the most appropriate order of Rytov's expansion is important both for accuracy and implementation. By using level set method, we constructed a piecewise distribution of low- and high-order surface impedance boundary conditions on the surface of an arbitrarily shaped conductor. It is found that the proposed method is able to give good results both in terms of accuracy and implementation cost.
"Piecewise Surface Impedance Boundary Conditions by Combining Rytov's Perturbation Method and Level Set Technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 16, 63-71, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERM10101402
1. Yuferev, S. V. and N. Ida, "Selection of the surface impedance boundary conditions for a given problem," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 35, No. 3, 1486-1489, 1999. doi:10.1109/20.767248
2. Yuferev, S. V. and N. Ida, Surface Impedance Boundary Conditions: A Comprehensive Approach, Illustre Edition, London, 2009. doi:10.1201/9781420044904
3. Merriman, B., J. Bence, and S. Osher, "Motion of multiple junctions: A level-set approach," J. Computat. Phys., Vol. 112, 334-363, 1994. doi:10.1006/jcph.1994.1105
4. Osher, S. and R. Fedkiw, "Level set methods: An overview and some recent results," J. Computat. Phys, Vol. 169, No. 2, 463-502, 2001. doi:10.1006/jcph.2000.6636
5. Cheng , L.-T., P. Burchard, B. Merriman, and S. Osher, "Motion of curves constrained on surfaces using a level-set approach," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 175, No. 2, 604-644, 2002. doi:10.1006/jcph.2001.6960
6. Tai, X.-C. and T. F. Chan, "A survey on multiple level set methods with applications for identifying piecewise constant functions," International J. Numerical Analysis and Modelling, Vol. 1, No. 1, 25-48, 2004.
7. Mitchell, I. M., "A Toolbox of Level Set Methods,", Ver-sion 1.1, Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, [Online], Available:http://www.cs.ubc.ca/ mitchell/ToolboxLS/index.html, 2007.