The estimation of d- and q-axis parameters is highly desirable, because they are fundamental parameters to many vector control algorithms in the d-q reference frame for fast and accurate responses. Using the finite element method (FEM) for the determination of the interior permanent magnet synchronous motor (IPM) reactance provides an accurate means of determining the field distribution. However, this method might be time consuming. The magnetic circuit modelling approach has been successfully used to model a variety of electrical machine such as IPM motors. This paper deals with the inverse problem methodology for the identification of d- and q-axis synchronous reactance of an IPM motor. The proposed method uses a measured electromotive force (EMF) to compute the objective function. The machine parameters identified by the proposed approach are compared to experimental results.
Mohamed Rachid Mekideche,
"An Inverse Problem Approach for Parameter Estimation of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 31, 15-28, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERB11021202
1. Lovelace, E. C., T. M. Jahns, and J. H. Lang, "A saturating lumped-parameter model for an interior PM synchronous machine," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 38, No. 3, 645-650, 2002. doi:10.1109/TIA.2002.1003413
2. Bernal, F. F., A. G. Cerrada, and R. Faure, "Determination of parameters in interior permanent-magnet synchronous motors with iron losses without torque measurement ," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 37, No. 5, 1265-1272, Sep.-Oct. 2001. doi:10.1109/28.952501
3. Rezaie, J., M. Gholami, R. Firouzi, T. Alizadeh, and K. Salashoor , "Interior permanent magnet synchronous motor (IPMSM) adaptive genetic parameter estimation," Proceedings of the WCECS, Oct. 2007.
4. Meessen, K. J., P. Thelin, J. Soulard, and E. A. Lomonova, "Inductance calculations of permanent-magnet synchronous machines including flux change and self- and cross-saturations," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 44, No. 10, 2324-2331, Oct. 2008. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2008.2001419
5. Gieras, J. F., E. Santini, and M. Wing, "Calculation of synchronous reactances of small permanent-magnet alternating-current motors: Comparison of analytical approach and finite element method with measurements," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 34, No. 5, 3712-3720, Sep. 1998. doi:10.1109/20.718533
6. Rahman, M. A. and P. Zhou, "Determination of saturated parameters of PM motors using loading magnetic fields," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 27, No. 5, 3947-3950, Sep. 1991. doi:10.1109/20.104967
7. Nee, H. P., L. Lefevre, P. Thelin, and J. Soulard, "Determination of d and q reactances of permanent-magent synchronous motors without measurements of the rotor position ," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 36, No. 5, 1330-1335, Sep.-Oct. 2000. doi:10.1109/28.871281
8. Rahman, K. M. and S. Hiti, "Identification of machine parameters of a synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 41, No. 2, 557-565, Mar.-Apr. 2005. doi:10.1109/TIA.2005.844379
9. Lee, J. Y., S. H. Lee, G. H. Lee, J. P. Hong, and J. Hur, "Determination of parameters considering magnetic nonlinearity in an interior permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 42, No. 4, 1303-1306, Apr. 2006. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2006.871951
10. Hwang, C. C., S. M. Chang, C. T. Pan, and T. Y. Chang, "Estimation of parameters of interior permanent magnet synchronous motors," Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 239, 600-603, 2002. doi:10.1016/S0304-8853(01)00647-3
11. Lee, J. Y., J. W. Kim, J. H. Chang, S. U. Chung, D. H. Kang, and J. P. Hong, "Determination of parameters considering magnetic nonlinearity in solid core transverse flux linear motor for dynamic simulation," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 44, No. 6, 1566-1569, Jun. 2008. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2007.915894
12. Qing, A., C. K. Lee, and L. Jen, "Electromagnetic inverse scattering of two-dimensional perfectly conducting objects by real-coded genetic algorithm," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol. 39, No. 3, 665-676, Mar. 2001. doi:10.1109/36.911123
13. Hoole, S. R., S. Subramanian, R. Saldanha, J. L. Coulomb, and J. C. Sabonnadiere, "Inverse problem methodology and finite elements in the identification of cracks, sources, materials, and their geometry in inaccessible locations," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 27, No. 3, 3433-3443, May 1991. doi:10.1109/20.79086
14. Favennec, Y., V. Labbe, Y. Tillier, and F. Bay, "Identification of magnetic parameters by inverse analysis coupled with finite element modeling ," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 38, No. 6, 3607-3619, Nov. 2002. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2002.804815
15. Schreiber, J., J. Haueisen, and J. Nenonen, "A new method for choosing the regularization parameter in time-dependent inverse problems and its applications to magnetocardiography," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 40, No. 2, 1104-1107, Mar. 2004. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2004.824813
16. Huang, C. H., J. X. Li, and S. Kim, "An inverse problem in estimating the strength of contaminant source for groundwater systems," Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 32, 417-431, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.apm.2006.12.009
17. Goharian, M., M. Soleimani, and G. R. Moran, "A trust region subprolem for 3D electrical impedance tomography inverse problem using experimental data," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , Vol. 94, 19-32, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09052003
18. Hadamard, J., Lectures on the Cauchy Problem in Linear Partial Differential Equations , Yale University Press, New Haven, 1923.
19. Hanke, M., "Limitations of the L-curve method in ill-posed problems," BIT Numerical Mathematics, Vol. 36, 287-301, 1996. doi:10.1007/BF01731984
20. Gieras, J. F. and M. Wing, Permanent Magnet Motor Technology: Design and Applications, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 2002.