In this paper, the simulation and experimental studies of SAR distribution in a bio-medium situated very close to a rectangular dielectric resonator antenna (RDRA) in C-band of microwave frequencies are reported. The simulation study has been carried out using CST Microwave Studio simulation software. The experimental distribution has been obtained using two 50Ω L-shaped and straight probes and Agilent make 3 Hz-50 GHz spectrum analyzer. The experimental results for SAR distribution are compared with simulated results.
Ravi Kumar Gangwar,
"SAR Distribution in a Bio-Medium in Close Proximity with Rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 31, 157-173, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERB11041301
1. Okoniewski, M. and M. A. Stuchly, "A study of the handset antenna and human body interaction," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 10, 1855-1864, 1996. doi:10.1109/22.539944
2. Lautru, P. D., M. F. Wong, V. H. Fouad, and J. Wiart, "Rigorous evolution of specific absorption rate (SAR) induced in a multilayer biological structure," European Microwave Conference, Vol. 3, 2005.
3. Mongia, R. K. and P. Bhartia, "DRA - A review and general design relation for resonant frequency and bandwidth," International Journal of Microwave and Millimeter Wave Computer | Aided Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, 230-247, 1994. doi:10.1109/8.623123
4. Ittipiboon, A. and R. K. Mongia, "Theoretical and experimental investigations on rectangular dielectric resonator antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, No. 9, 1348-1356, Sep. 1997. doi:10.2528/PIER06110701
5. Rezaei, P., M. Hakkak, and K. Forooaghi, "Design of wide-band dielectric resonator antenna with a two-segment structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 111-124, 2006.
6. Kajfez, D. and A. A. Kishk, "Dielectric resonator antenna-possible candidate for adaptive antenna arrays," Proceedings VITEL 2002, International Symposium on Telecommunications, Next Generation Networks and Beyond , Portoroz, Slovenia, May 13-14, 2002. doi:10.2528/PIER05041401
7. Saed, M. A. and R. Yadla, "Microstrip-FED low profile and compact dielectric resonator antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 151-162, 2006.
8. Zainud-Deen, S. H., E. El-Deen, H. A. Sharshar, and M. A. Binyamin, "Design of UMTS dielectric resonator antenna for mobile phone including the biological effects,", Vol. 35, 1-8, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams Univ., Egypt, 2007.
9. Lee, T. H., R. A. Abd-Alhameed, and P. S. Excell, "New dielectric resonator antenna design for mobile handsets,", URSI-2005, http://rp.iszf.irk.ru/hawk/URSI2005/pdf/BP.10(01068).pdf, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIERC10092104
10. Palikruru, V. K., K. Sonoda, R. Surenran, and H. Jantunen, "BST-COC composite based rectangular dielectric resonator antenna (DRA) for 2.4 WLAN wrist applications ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 16, 195-205, 2010.
12. Rashidian, A. and D. M. Klymyshyn, "On the two segment and high aspect ratio rectangular dielectric resonator antenna for bandwidth enhancement and miniaturization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 9, 2775-2780, Sep. 2009.
13. Zhou, J., D. Hara, and T. Kobayashi, "Development of ultra wideband electromagnetic phantoms for antennas and propagation studies," First European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2006), 1-6, Nov. 6-10, 2006. doi: 10.1109/EUCAP.2006.4584884.
14. , , , CST GmbH 2006 CST Microwave Studio (r) User Mannual V.6.0, Darmstadt, Germany, www.cst.de, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIERB08011403
15. Ebrahimi-Ganjeh, M. A. and A. R. Attari, "Study of water bolus effect on SAR penetration depth and effective field size for local," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 273-283, 2008.